twenty-seven [s]

monday,
march 20th, 2018

SHAWN MENDES

"Doodledo!" I sing as I enter the apartment. I laugh at myself before noticing Trinity conked out on the sofa. "Hey honeyyy, I'm home!"

I slip off my shoes and jump on top of Trinity's sexy body. She groans under me and I lick my lips hungrily.

"Shawn?" she mumbles, "What're you doing? Are you drunk?"

"No!" I defend, giggling. Trinity sighs and worms her way out from underneath me. I feel my body become heavier and I yawn.

"Shawn, get up. I'm changing you," she orders. I stand up straight and salute her. She rolls her eyes as I follow her through to my bedroom.

Trinity tugs off my t-shirt and before I can offer her sex, she pulls a fresh one back over my head. I pout and she unbuckles my jeans. She slides them off and helps me into a pair of comfortable sweatpants.

"Thank you, baby," I hum as she tucks me into bed. I pucker my lips, aching for a kiss from this beautiful lady.

"Where were you 'til now?" she inquires.

I shrug, "I was with Alex. A girl who lives four doors down." I watch as her pretty face pales and she gulps noticeably.

"Why?" she whispers.

"We went for coffee and then I took her to a club. We went back to her place and-" I start to explain what went down with Alex and I but Trinity abruptly stands up. She raises her hand, silently telling me not to talk.

"Go to bed, Shawn," she tells me, her voice trembling and weak. I mumble an 'okay' as she leaves my bedroom. I see her wipe her right eye and my lips form a pout. I didn't mean to upset her.

***

I wake up the following day with a pounding headache. Surprise, surprise. My eyes avert to my watch, which shows the time of twelve in the afternoon. I groan and realise my music lecture is halfway through already. I wonder why T didn't wake me as usual.

I send her a quick text, grinning at the thought of her.

Shawn:
  good luck at mon's. bet you look hot in an apron ;)

After taking some Tylenol and showering, I check my phone to see if she has responded. My screen shows that she's read my text, but there's no reply. I shrug it off, she's probably busy working hard in economics.

I try to piece together last night, but half of it is a blur. The last thing I remember is leaving Alex's apartment before coming back here.

I sigh and enter my music room. Before Trinity and I had sex the other night, I was writing a song. My own song. I don't have a lot written, but I love what I have. I run it through and practice, adding a few lyrics. I smile at my progress, maybe this could work out after all.

***

The front door swings open and my head snaps towards it. Trinity steps inside and hangs up her jacket after kicking off her shoes. I remember how she had work today and I'm eager to ask her about it.

"Hey hun," I greet.

Trinity mumbles a short response and boils the kettle. She always has either tea or coffee after college. I find myself standing as I rise from the couch to walk over to her. My arms hang over the front of her shoulders and I kiss the side of her head. I feel her tense, which is unusual. Usually, she'd relax at my touch and offer a cute smile. Instead, she jumps out of my embrace and I frown at her.