sixty-seven* [t]

thursday,
september 27th, 2018

TRINITY HAYSON

I am just about finished a three page English essay when I hear keys jingle in the lock of the front door. I know it's Shawn, which causes a massive smile to immediately break out on my face and my heart to erupt with butterflies.

I take a quick glance around the main room. The living room sector has dozens of candles propped up on different articles of furniture, and Mac Ayres plays softly from the television, which I had connected my phone to. The curtains are open, the dark sky and city lights on full display. All sources of illumination - despite the city's lights, the TV and the candles - are shut off. The room is a beautiful hue of orange-y pink, it feels undeniably romantic. I made sure to pile blankets on the couch, to make it extra cosy. I also laid out some snacks and soft drinks on the coffee table. I am beyond proud of my work.

I quickly shut off my laptop and set it on the coffee table just as the door swings open. My head snaps in his direction and my breath hitches at his wonderfully sexy appearance.

He wears grey joggers and a tight blue long sleeve, his curls slicked back with rainwater. His clothes are damp and so is his luggage, but it doesn't stop me from engulfing him in the tightest hug I could manage.

Shawn rumbles a chuckle, "My beautiful girl. God, I missed you."

I hum as he kicks the door shut and pulls me even closer into his body heat. His biceps bulge through his shirt as he squeezes my waist and he emits a deep, heavy breath.

It's silent for a moment before I pull my face from his glistening neck, holding his cold face in my warm hands. He smiles brightly, eyes tired and captivating. His large hands reach my bum with ease, where he comfortingly rubs and grabs.

"I missed you too," I whisper.

His honey eyes avert to the scene behind me and his smile widens significantly. He shakes his head in amazement and kisses my forehead lightly.

"You did this? Thank you, baby."

Shawn's breathing increases as his forehead presses on mine and his eyes bore into my lips. I lick my bottom one, just to tease, and he groans; almost inaudibly. His left hand reaches up to cup my right flushed cheek. His calloused thumb runs along my jawline before smoothing across my lips, gently tugging my bottom one down as he gazes at them.
A small grin adorns his lips as he nudges his nose against mine.

Inside, I'm ecstatic and inexplicably impatient. He's taking this far too slow and he knows what he's doing to me. Outside though, I keep my composure and maintain an inexpressive face. I can feel his warm, fresh breath on my mouth and my knees almost buckle as his darkened eyes meet with my own. His hands teasingly caress all over my ass, back and sides until I unexpectedly break the silence.

"Are you gonna kiss me or are you just gonna stand there and feel me up?"

Shawn's eyebrows raise high on his forehead in amusement and he quickly licks his lips. He smirks down at me and I have to crane my neck to look up at his beautifully carved features.

"Well, tell me, princess. What do you want?"

I narrow my eyes at his reciprocated boldness yet all he does is smirk victoriously. I snake my fingers into the curls at the back of his head and pull him in so our lips are barely grazing. His eyes retreat to my lips again, so I bite down on my longing bottom one. He grunts and I hold the base of his neck delicately before reaching on my toes to press a tender kiss to the corner of his mouth.