Clingy? NAHHHH-

Okay, so this is gonna be about Tony not wanting to share Peter with the other avengers and just generally Tony being jelly. "What, me having a problem? Nahhh, I don't think so."

Here we go :)

————

Tony Stark POV

   I am not clingy.

   Nope. Definitely not. No matter what Pepper says.

   And no, I am NOT clingy to one Peter Parker. 

   I mean, so what if I get a little jealous when the other avengers talk to him? So what if I often arrange his schedule so he can be with me 95 percent of the time? What does it matter that I see him as a son?

   "Tony, we need to talk." Pepper said leaning on the doorframe to the lab. I quickly said to Peter, "Be right back, kid!" And walked over to her. She led me outside wordlessly, gripping my arm tightly. "So.. what did you need me for? Other than my marvelous presence, of course-"

   "Why are you clinging to Peter so much?" Pepper said, cutting me off. My eyebrows lifted and I said, "Whatever could you mean? The kids great, but I don't think I'm clinging, per say-"

   "Oh please, when he went to train with Natasha, you pulled him out 5 minutes later with a 'breakthrough', and instead watched a movie. Not to mention he's been sleeping over here for 1 and a half weeks, making his Aunt worried, and keeping him away from the other avengers as much as possible." She said in a matter-of -fact tone, cocking her eyebrow with an expression that read, 'Really.' 

   "I just need extra help in the lab-" 

   "Oh don't try that bs with me Tony, you've managed find without him for years and have Bruce to help you. Look, the kid clearly adores you as much as you adore him. He's not gonna leave you the second you turn your head, okay? Let him be with others too. I know you want to protect him, but give him some freedom. He's an ADHD hyper spider kid, god knows he needs time out of that damn lab." She lectures on and on, but I tune it out and nod occasionally. My eyes are on the door of the lab, where Peter was still working. 

   Soon though I heard a loud voice saying, "Are you even listening?!" I snap out of it and say, "Oh, yes yes, hey I need to go though so-" I said as I walked back to the lab.

   "Anthony Edward Stark if you don't get your ass back here I'll lock that lab till Christmas." Pepper says, fuming in anger. 'Shit, she used the full name.' I thought as I backtracked over to her.

   "Look, if you don't start listening, I'm going to actually go through with my threats-" Pepper says before being cut off by Peter, who walked out of the lab and was now leaning on the door frame, who said, "Mr. Stark? Mrs. Potts? You... know I can hear you, right?"

   We both went pale. 'Oops.'

   "Mr. Stark? You know I'm not gonna just disappear like that, right? Thanos is gone, you got him. So, no one else is gonna do that again. And I'm not gonna leave you just because I meet other people. This might sound weird, but I'm just gonna say it, you're like a dad to me and no one will replace that. It'll be okay." Peter said softly as he made his way to Pepper and I, his eyes trained to the floor nervously.

   I stared at him, tears threatening to fall. "Did... you really mean all of that...?" I asked disbelieving what I heard.

   "...y-yeah?" Peter said, losing confidence in every word. "B-ut If youdontwantmetothatsfineto-"

   I cut off his rambling by giving him a tight hug, stuttering out, "Oh thank god, I-I thought I only saw you that way..." he fidgeted until he had his arms around my waist, burying his head in my chest. "Thank go you didn't think I was weird or tha I made it awkward..."

   Pepper smiled at us, saying, "I think it's time Peter goes to his aunt, who is extremely worried by the way." Slowly, I pulled back and smiled fondly at Peter.

   "Go on. Your aunts worried, can't have that can we?" I said smiling and Peter beamed, hugging me once more before rushing out the door. I smiled fondly after him, knowing I wouldn't let him down. Never again.

————

840 words 

Oof this is kinda short.

Hope you like it, I'm bedridden right now cause I have a stomach bug so I figured I'd be productive with this time.

I have two more oneshots planned, so I hope I can get those out for you.

Also, holy crap

That's a LOT of notifications

Most of them were comments and votes, to which I say thank you 😇 

But anyway, hope you liked this and I'll see you later :)

-🍎SiederTreeStudios🍎-