My son

(Edited)

This is a serious one shot where Tony Stark gets protective of our favorite spider and occasionally forgetting that he's Spider-Man and can take care of most of his enemies. Meanwhile Peter gets more and more upset because he thinks that he's being treated like this because he's not strong enough and is a burden to the team. Some arguing, feels, then making up at the end.

Feels. Probably. Most likely. Definitely.

ON WITH THE ONE SHOT!!!

Tony Stark POV

"I told you to not go and what do you do?!" I exclaim, watching Peter land on the small office building we agreed to meet at after the mission. "The building was burning for crying out loud! Why did you even go in?!"

   Peter didn't look at me, and chose to reply softly,"That kids dog was in there. I couldn't just leave it. It was the last thing they're mom gave them."

"It was a stuffed animal Peter! You risked your life for that! If it were a real dog or a person, then I would understand but this?! Are you kidding?!" I said, wanting to explode. My blood boiled, thinking of the fear I felt when he dove in without a word to me. The anger that he would throw his life away like that, after all it took to bring him back. I bent time and space to bring him home, went through hell and stood tall to be sure he would be alive, and he'd throw all that away?

   Peter was silent, fidgeting under my gaze. No, he wouldn't throw all that away, not this kid. The issue is that Peter is so goddamn selfless, he couldn't hurt someone's feelings to save his life. Well, except when he was saving other lives, in this case, because I'm definitely hurt. That doesn't change the fact that that building was collapsing, and that he could've very well died. Again.

Peter stood shakily, sighing and turning away. He began to slowly stumble away, stopping at my voice.

"And just where do you think you're going? We aren't done yet." I said, still very much angry. Regardless of how selfless he is, he still could've died. And I wasn't going to let him off the hook for that quite yet.

He turned slowly and muttered, "I don't regret what I did. I risk my life every day Mr. Stark. That wasn't really any different."

Ok, that's enough. I walked over to him and put my hand firmly on his shoulder, turning him to face me. "It's fine to be a good person Peter, but that was a TOY. I can't let you put your life in danger because of that. What do you think would happen to your Aunt?! To your friends?! What do you think would happen to me?!" His face was shadowed, taking in my words.

"I didn't want to do this, but it's clear I have no choice. You're grounded. No Spider-Man for a week." I said, knowing it'd take more than my words to convenience him to quit being so willing to throw his life away.

He looked at me in shock, saying,"Wait! You can't do that! It isn't fair. You aren't my dad!" The words came out before either could really think, but the effect remained the same. Wether Peter knew it or not, he'd really messed up this time. I knew I couldn't afford to be this soft.

"Go home Peter." He opened his mouth to argue, but I beat him to it, "Just.... go."

He lingered a moment longer, regret in his eyes. He then stumbled away, shooting a web and swinging off into the night. I sighed, taking off my mask and sitting down, rubbing my temples. Well, the kid confirmed my fears. Great, perfect, I'm an idiot for caring, I should've realized that. Part of me wants to just brush it off, to just put up my mask again, emotional and literal, and move on. But then that damn emotional part of me gets in the way, just as it does time and time again.