"That's Alright, Let It Out, Talk To Me" (SONGFIC PT 2)

WARNINGS: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE, ANGST FOR DAYS, MENTIONS OF DEPRESSION

Wow guys. Someone commented that they really liked part 1 of this and I'm just like "O_O wait how." But thank you!

Song: Talk To Me by Cavetown

Here we go!

----

It had been two days since Peters suicide attempt, and Tony refused to leave the room. He was sitting in an uncomfortable medbay chair, sleeping soundly.

Then, Tony was awoken by the sound of a soft groan and the shifting of blankets. His head shot up to see Peter, looking tired, smiling softly at him. "Hey..." He said.

His eyes narrowed. "'Hey?' That's what you're gonna say after you gave me a heart attack, huh?" He said, semi sarcastically. Peter looked down.

"Do you remember what happened?" I said, putting my hand on his, wishing he would look at me. He sighed.

"Vividly..." Was all Peter said, clearly guilty. He clenched the blankets, averting his eyes from his mentor.

Tony leaned over and lifted Peters head so he could look at the boy. "Can.. you tell me why, Bambi?" He hesitated before asking.

Peters eyes held a sorrow that hurt Tony's heart. He began to shake, then finally, he let it out. All the things in his head, the pain of feeling slandered and hated, the jealousy, all of it. He was in tears by the end, shaking violently. Tony's eyes held a sorrow and a few tears were shed from him. He couldn't imagine how painful it must have been for Peter, how awful it must've felt. He embraced Peter and said,

"You don't have to be a hero to save the world.
It doesn't make you a narcissist to love yourself.
It feels like nothing is easy, it'll never be,
That's alright, let it out, talk to me."

Those words made Peter look up at his mentor-father figure for a moment. He definitely wasn't expecting that. He was expecting to be scolded, or told, "What were you thinking?!" Or something like that. But, it helped him realize that Tony really cared about him.

You don't have to be a prodigy to be unique.
You don't have to know what to say or what to think.
You don't have to be anybody you can never be,
That's alright, let it out, talk to me

When Peter went to school the next day, he was welcomed back by his friends in a teary reunion. Everyone whispered, the classes were easy, Flash was annoying, the usual. But Peter found that he didn't care as much. He felt more confident, more relaxed. He didn't care as much when Flash taunted him. He didn't care as much when he heard rumors about why he was gone, most of which were outlandish and far beyond the truth. He didn't care as much when he got up to hand in a supposedly hard test and everyone stared at him for finishing so quickly.

He didn't feel quite better yet, but he was getting there. And that made him feel so much happier.

Anxiety, tossing turning in your sleep..
Even if you run away, you still see them in your dreams..
It's so dark tonight, but you'll survive certainly...
It's alright, come inside and talk to me.

Of course, there were relapses. A few stray cuts on his arms here and there. But it was to be expected, Tony said. The road to recovery is filled with hardships, but it would be worth it in the end, Tony always said. And whenever Peter needed Tony, he would come.

We can talk here on the floor,
On the phone if you prefer,
I'll be here until you're okay..
Let your words release your pain,
You and I will share the weight,
Growing stronger day by day.
It's so dark outside tonight,
Build a fire warm and bright,
And the wind it howls and bites,
Bite it back with all your might!

With one of those particular incidents, Peter was really having a bad day. He forgot to take his meds, and before Tony knew it, Peter was sobbing in his room, clawing at his arms. Tony rushed in, saying, "Sh, shhh.... hey Bambi, it's gonna be okay, I promise." He embraced him and held him close, hoping to ease the pain.

He stayed with Peter the whole night that night, encouraging him to fight his depression and helping him by staying there so if Peter woke up from a nightmare, Tony would be there immediately.

Anxiety, tossing turning in your sleep,
Even if you run away, you still see them in your dreams,
It's so dark tonight, it looks nice,
Fall asleep...
It's alright, come inside and talk to me...

A few years later, on Peters 18th birthday, Tony walked into his room, ready to tuck him in. Peter smiled, saying, "Hey, dad?"

"Hmm?" Tony said, smoothing out the blanket, his eyes on his son.

"Thank you. If it weren't for you that night, well..." Peter shrugged. "Just, you've helped so much and... thank you." He smiled. His words might've been short, but Tony understood what he was trying to say. "You're welcome kid. And thank you, for letting me help."

"Of course." Peter laughed, his smile infectious.

There was a comfortable silence, until Peter finally said. "I love you, dad."

Tony smiled. "I love you too, son."

----

920 words

Welp. That was a thing.

I hope you enjoyed this angst-fluff fest, I liked writing it! Idk, I really don't have much to say at the moment, just love you all and a hug to all the people who are dealing with depression cause you are awesome and deserve to be here☺️

Bye Webheads!

-🍎SiederTreeStudios🍎-