Chapter 34: Collateral Damage

Alexandria's POV:

Durning school in every class with Mason we started texting back and forth clowning our teachers and catching up a little bit, right now we're sitting in sex Ed class and I'm starting to notice he changed a lot. He still the same funny, charming guy that I fell in love with as a kid but changed I don't know what it is I can't put my finger on it..

M : I really want to kiss you right now

I got a text from Mason causing me to blush as I turned back and looked at him. I smirked as he licked his lips looking me up and down, god this is boy is so fine...

A : is all this sex talk making you horny ?

I sent a text back teasing him as I bite my lip slightly waiting for the text back,

M: Lmfao, nah real talk I haven't had my first yet...you ?

I got the text back causing me to look down in sorrow... should I tell him the truth.. he'll be heartbroken...I heard the bell ring dismissing us from class. As I quickly gathered my books and went to go find my friends for lunch.

I was sitting in the quad with my best friends talking, laughing and eating our food. At school I'm the most prettiest girl here or that's what everyone tells me, because all the guys want me that made all the girls want to be my friend causing me to become popular which I really don't care about popularity. I kept the same friends since middle school, we rule the school together. I couldn't believe I ran into Mason in California especially at school, the last time we talked he was in Rhode Island. That was five years ago a lot has changed with me, he still hot as fuck I know that much he's gotten way taller, his voice got deep and sexy making me melt every time he speaks, he kept his curls long but cut his hair short leaving a fade in the back and his body felt a lot stronger when I hugged him, I could literally feel his abs when I pushed him away from me, Mason Wayne Fields always peaked my interest.

"Earth to Alexandria !" I heard Yasmine say causing me to snap out of my thoughts, she's the sassy one with red hair, hazel eyes and gorgeous freckles which make the boys crawl to her feet. "What ?" I asked confusingly while eating my celery. "What are you thinking about ?" Chloe asked curiously lifting her eyebrow, she's the goofy one with light brown curly hair and blue eyes which make the boys go weak at their knees. I shrugged my shoulders, looking down "Nothing..." I responded lying to them. "We know when you're lying Alex," Gabriella said while lifting an eyebrow at me. She the shy one gorgeous brunette hair and she mixed but she digs the ladies, I shrugged my shoulders again noticing Chloe staring at someone or something, "Nevermind lying... who is the hottie eying you across the quad," Chloe said while smirking at me.

I looked over to see Mason sitting by myself eyeing me from afar. When we made eye contact he smirked and looked me up and down intriguingly causing me to blush, "Stop staring guys," I said smiling uncontrollably looking away from Mason. "Look at her blush !" Yasmine said while smiling causing all of us to laugh. "What's his name we need details," Gabriella said teasing me. "His name is Mason.." I confessed softly while I continued to eat my food. Yasmine's eyes grew wide, "As in Fields !" She said shockingly causing me to look her up and down in suspicion. "Yeah you know of him ?" I asked her while lifting up my eyebrow.

"I know all the hot guys in the school but, he not just any hot guy... he's an all American swimmer for all events... the coaches told him to come here just so he can help win for the school and his family is like super rich," Yasmine explained causing the girls to look back at Mason noticing he hasn't stop staring at me. "Girl he wants you..." Chloe said while teasing me causing me to lightly bite my lip. "I don't know guys... you know I'm bad with relationships," I confessed and look down. "Okay Chad was a dick that cheated on you after you two had sex ! That wasn't your fault," Yasmine snapped at me,

"Right you didn't deserve that," Gabriella said reminding me, "Plus Mason is..." Chloe said trailing off trying to convince me. "He's What...you don't know him.." I said getting heated making my point, "Oh and you do ?" Yasmine said snapping at me.

I cut my eyes at her, "Yes I've known him since I was five and he's been through a lot okay I don't know if this is the right time..it isn't for me" I confessed causing them to go into shock. "So your gonna choose Chad over Mason..." Yasmine asked cluelessly causing me to cut my eyes at her again. "You're trippin" She continued to say causing me to scoff, "I didn't say I was choosing anyone Yasmine," I said defending myself. "Speaking of the devil.." I heard Chloe say causing me to turn around feeling lips pressed against mine causing me to go into shock.

"Hey babe.." Chad said pulling back as he  joined us. I looked at my girls in confusion then at Mason, I can tell by the look on his face he was in shock then he got up and left the quad. Fuck... nice going Alexandria... "What do you think you're doing Chad ?" I asked him rudely. "Sitting with my girl duh," Chad said while laughing, "That's funny because I dumped you," I said reminding him. "Come on Alex we had one fight plus the two most popular teens in school can't break up," He said ignorantly causing me to scoff, "Well how about this...we're through Chad and everyone knows okay stay away from me" I said snapping at him while grabbing my bags and leaving the table. My friends shortly followed me afterwards, I hope Mason isn't pissed about this...

Mason's POV:

How could I be so stupid... I should've known she had a boyfriend, I disappeared for five years of course she moved on. I began to bang my head on my locker lightly, until I saw Alex come into the hallway looking for me. Once she spotted me she started walking over while her friends followed behind her.

"Mason isn't what you think.." Alexandria said jumping straight to the point. "Save your breath, it's okay I understand.." I said calmly trying not to expose that I'm hurt. "I don't think you do Mase," She said unhappily, Mase...no one really calls me that anymore. "You have a boyfriend I should've known i left for five years...I mean look at you.." I said admiringly looking her up and down. "He's a lucky dude.." I added my two cents looking down. Alexandria blushed hard in front of her friends while they smirked at us, "He isn't my boyfriend.." Alexandria said catching me off guard. My head jolted up looking at her urgently, "You're single.." I said in relief causing Alexandria to giggle.

"Yeah I'm big single.." She said in goofiest tone causing me to jump up and down happily inside. "So...you never answered my text ?" I said switching the subject causing her to look away. "We still need to have our talk..." Alexandria said thinking quickly on her feet as she rubbed the back of her neck nervously. She must not be a virgin...damn it...who stole her virtue..was it that dude..was it someone else ? I looked down and nodded, "Are you gonna introduce me ?" I asked nonchalantly as she snapped out of her thoughts, "Oh right this is Chloe, Yasmine and Gabriella my best friends and Best-friends this is Mason Fields," Alexandria said while pointing out her friends causing me to wave while smiling, "Nice to meet you guys," I said sweetly as I looked into a set of beautiful green eyes.

"After school at your place ?" Alex said while coming a little closer to kiss my cheek, sending me to smile uncontrollably. Her and friends began to walk away as my cheek burned where her lips were, Nah she not leaving me hanging like that..."Alexandria.." I said while grabbing her arm lightly stopping her dead in her tracks.

She looked at me in confusion as her friends were confused as well, I pulled her towards me holding her waist gently as I pressed my lips against hers. Alexandria kissed me back causing butterflies to instantly hit my stomach as I felt a spark causing me to deepened the kiss making Alex moan lightly. My hand slowly cupped her cheek as my thumb caress across her face softly, I began to part my lips taking my time to kiss her again. She pulled away smirking uncontrollably, "I'll see you tonight.." She said barely speaking because she was blushing so hard. I watched her walk away with her friends. Alexandria Nicole Mars I'm in love with you always have been. "Now if I can just tell her that to her face," I said softly to myself heading towards the swimming pool.