Chapter 7: Baby Talk

Alison's POV:

I stared into the same brown eyes I've been in love with for 7 years now as she announced she wants to have another baby. I couldn't find the words to express how I feel, "W-What ?" I stuttered nervously.

Emily nodded, "I want another girl," She said catching me off guard. I'm surprised she doesn't want another boy, "Babe if we have another kid we'll have to move out, this Cabana isn't big enough," I confessed my concern. "And that's why I'm thinking about moving babe," Emily said sweetly caressing my arms. "Can we talk inside please ?" I asked her uncomfortably as Emily looked down while nodding as she opened the door for me. We walked into the front room when we saw Mason helping his little siblings with their homework while he does his own causing us to relax a little, "Let's talk upstairs," Emily suggested as I followed her lead.

"I honestly don't wanna have another kid Emily," I blurted out as soon as we walked into our bedroom. She turned around looking at me, "Why not ?" Emily frown at me. Putting my bags down next to the bed, "Because that's a lot of work and the kids don't wanna move," I stated facts. Emily looked away in disappointment, "I miss your pregnancy phase," She confessed sadly then walked slowly up to me, "The way your skin glows and how your icy blue eyes come out to play," Emily said sweetly cupping my curls behind my ears. "And the pain ?" I said dramatically, "Please think about it love," She said kissing my lips leaving me completely defenseless.

When she pulled apart I kept my eyes closed then slowly met hers as I nodded, "I'll think about it," I said licking my lips at her. Emily smiled brightly, "I'ma go for a run on the beach then I'll come start dinner," She informed me while kissing my forehead. I gave her a slight smile, "Have a great run," I said simply causing her to leave me standing there in my thoughts. Four kids... does she wants to kill me ? I wiped my face out of exhaustion then I decided to walk downstairs to my private room to grade papers and test.

Mason's POV:

Once Me and My little siblings went into the living room my mom already yelled at us to do our homework, like always. I took their backpacks off as I sat them down at little toddler table my moms set up for them. I got their assignments together and gave my brother is homework first

"Addition and then you have to practice your handwriting," I told Adonis as he grabbed a pencil getting started then I put Adriana homework down in front of her as well. "Multiplication and practice your cursive," I winked at her proudly. Adriana is smarter than her brother somehow. I left them alone for a moment so I can start on my history homework. Putting soft music on for us kinda help us concentrate while we do our work.

Two minutes into my homework Adonis came over with his math homework and everything was wrong literally. "Donnie What is this ?" I frowned at him. "It's math," he said stating the obvious. "No it's not because 2+4 is 5 and you put 8," I said smacking him over the head playfully, "Stop counting more number than you need Donnie," I said frustratedly. Math isn't that hard, "Man this is stupid," Adonis said rolling his eyes. I handed his homework back to him, "Do you need help I can show you a trick," I suggested to him.

He looked up at me and climbed onto the chair, "Please," He asked cutely and erased everything on the page. Going through his homework I saw my moms come in through the garage finally, they always look stressed out lately especially Alison. They laid eyes on us and smiled, I giggled a little and focused on Adonis when My moms went upstairs. As I helped Adonis I didn't see my moms come down for a while then I saw Alison descending the staircase. She looks like she has a lot on her mind, "you okay mom ?" I asked her worriedly.

She stopped at looked at me, "Yeah baby I'm alright," She said with hesitation. I lifted my eyebrow while she went into her office, "Are mommies fighting ?" Adonis asked softly. I looked at him and messed up his hair, "Nah little bro they will always be in love," I reassured him causing him to smile. I hope... then I saw my mom descend the staircase in her tracksuit while her face was planted in her iPod, "Going for a run ?" I asked her curiously. She looked at me and took out her earphones, "Sorry what you say baby boy ?" Emily said sweetly.

"Going for a run," I repeated myself slowly. "Oh yeah, I have a rehearsals tonight but I'm cooking dinner so please have the kitchen cleaned," She said walking towards the den. "Yes ma'am..," I said sarcastically and began to help Adonis again.

Emily's POV:

I left out the backdoor to go on my run but first stretched on the patio and turned on my workout playlist. I walked in the sand until I felt more secure as I started to run down the beach.

I started thinking about how Alison reacted on how I wanted another kid, I wonder why she doesn't want another one. I low key think she's already pregnant she been so moody lately, I began to run a little bit faster getting lost in my thoughts when I spotted Joseph's mom on her patio reading a book down the beach. I thought since Mason and Her son are friends again I could be cordial. I walked up to her patio taking a break, "Bri right ?" I said sweetly. She looked up from her book smiling, "Yes that's me," Bri said softly. I smirked at her, that's what I said to her when she walked up to me. "How May I help you ?" She continued to say. "I was wondering did your son tell you what happened today at school ?" I asked her as I joined her taking a seat.

She smiled, she reminds me of Maya but a nicer version "Yeah.. actually tell your son I said thank you," Bri said genuinely. "I will, I'm glad they're friends again," I confessed my feelings. Bri crossed her legs  gently, "Yeah me too, it's hard for Joseph to be happy right now so having a friend at this time would help him a lot," Bri explained while staring off at the beach. I nodded softly, "Yea I think so too, what book are you reading ?" I asked her curiously. She picked up the soft off her lap, "Hunger Games," Bri replied simply, I lifted an eyebrow and smiled "My son is into the movie so, I decided to read the book at least," She explained while laughing.

I stood up giggling, "Yeah okay, well I have to get dinner started I'll see you around neighbor," I said sincerely walking off her patio. "See ya," I heard her say softly. As I ran back home I took off my shoes leaving them outside, I saw my boys playing video games together laughing and joking around. Adriana was at the table with her iPod coloring singing lightly causing me to smile. I walked into the kitchen not getting in anyone's way when I noticed Alison walking in.

"Hey babe," I said happily, "Hey I didn't noticed you came back," Alison said as she came to give me a kiss. "Yeah I just got back," I said while giving her another peck. "What do you want for dinner ?" I asked her still calming down from my run. Alison went into the fridge to throw me a water bottle, I caught it smoothly, "Thanks babe," I said while opening the bottle taking a sip. "I think the kids want chicken Alfredo," Alison said responding to my question. I shook my head, "I asked what you wanted babe," I reminded her dismissing her answer.  She cut her eyes at me, "I don't know Em I want what the kids want," Alison said frustratedly.

I frowned at her, "Are we okay ?" I asked her privately. She looked at me bothered, "I don't know Em I've been stressed out, School is just too overwhelming to have a baby right now," Alison vented to me as tears built up in her eyes. I wiped her face, "Okay don't cry please," I said calmly. She sniffed and looked away, "Is there something going on at work ?" I asked wanting to fix the problem.

She shook her vigorously, "No babe just a lot of work paperwork," Alison said while she sobbed. I nodded my head, "Go run yourself a bath and relax...try not to stress," I said reasoning with her. She pecked my lips softly, "Okay I will," She said agreeing to my suggestion as she started to walk away, "Use the flowers I brought you today with the bubble bath," I reminded her while smirking. She winked at me and went upstairs, God I love her so much...