Gossip with the Girlies

"Hello again, Sophia! How was your day?" Pop asked as she walked in.

"It was amazing, Pop. Sweet Pea told me he loved me." Sophia told him.

"Well, I'll be damned." Pop chuckled. "That is not an answer I was expecting. But I'm very happy for you both."

"Thanks, Pop. Is Ronnie downstairs?" Sophia asked.

"She just got in, yes." Pop replied.

"Perfect, thank you. I'll see you soon." Sophia walked to the door of the speakeasy and went downstairs. 

"Hello?" She heard Veronica's voice.

"It's me, V." Sophia said.

"Hey, sugar! Come down, the others aren't here yet." Veronica said.

Sophia walked in, Veronica was behind the bar.

"Hey, darling. Want me to make drinks for everyone?" Sophia asked.

"Yes, please." Veronica nodded, so Sophia joined her and made enough drinks for all of the girls and Kevin, each of whom arrived shortly after Sophia did.

"So, tell us about your day." Kevin said, a mischievous grin on his face.

"How do you... actually that would be a stupid question." Sophia shook her head. "But yeah, so this morning me and Sweet Pea came here for breakfast, then he took me to the park we used to go to as kids, and he told me he loves me."

Everyone exploded into words, congratulations and oh my gods and quite a few 'did you say it back?'s.

"Of course, I did." Sophia looked down into her, glass, twirling her straw as she blushed.

"You did?!" Everyone asked.

"Well, yeah. I do. I love him a lot." Sophia said.

"You are so adorable together." Betty said.

At the pool house, Sweet Pea, Fangs, Moose, Archie, Jughead, Reggie and Chuck had all congregated and were drinking beers.

"So, how did it go?" Fangs asked as a game was set up.

"How did what go?" Reggie asked.

"Sweet Pea telling Soph he loves her." Jughead explained.

"It was great. She said it back." Sweet Pea said.

"I knew she would." Archie said. "I'm so happy for you, bro."

"Yeah, dude this is huge." Reggie said.

"It really is crazy." Said Chuck.

They guys chatted and played pool, while the girls and Kevin had a few cocktails at the speakeasy.

"I'm in a party mood." Sophia said.

"It's Sunday." Josie laughed.

Sophia shrugged. "It's also summer."

"I'm always up for a party." Cheryl said. "Let's do it."

They went to a few of their houses, some borrowing bikinis and Kevin grabbing some trunks so that they could pool party at the pool house. At Sophia's, Tom was there, playing video games in the garage.

"Did you not meet the guys?" Betty asked.

"Nah, I was in the middle of a game. I knew what was going on anyway." Tom shrugged.

"Well, grab some swimming stuff, we're going to gatecrash them." Veronica said.

Once everyone had some sort of swimwear, they made their way to Thornhill and opened the pool house door.