Break Up

The next week at school was touch and go. Half was spent talking about how amazing Chuck's party had been, as it really was fantastic. The other half was spent tiptoeing around Archie and Veronica. No-one wanted to say anything wrong, as almost every time they had been together ended in one or both of them storming off.

By Friday, it had escalated. Veronica walked into the lounge and sat with the girls, but there was no sign of Archie anywhere.

"Hey V, how are you?" Betty asked as she sat down.

"I'm fine. Archie and I have broken up, though." Veronica replied.

"God, V. Are you okay?" Josie asked.

"Honestly, it's better this way." Veronica said. "We argued, we weren't intimate for a while. It's for the best."

"Oh, V." Sophia hugged her.

The bell rang and they all went to class. Jughead sat down next to Archie.

"Hey, Jug." Archie said.

"Hey. Betty texted me a minute ago and said that you and Veronica broke up. You okay?" Jughead asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Archie said. "We've argued non-stop. I actual kinda felt relieved."

"Well, if you need anything man, let me know." Jughead said.

"Thanks, Jug, but I'm fine." Archie said.

They all had Physical Education before lunch. As per usual, Jughead sat on the bleachers with his laptop, writing, Kevin, Moose, Archie, Reggie, Chuck, Sweet Pea and Fangs were on the field with Coach Clayton, and the girls were outside, using the period to practice for the Vixens.

"So, now you're a single man again are you gonna come out this weekend?" Reggie asked.

"Out where?" Archie asked.

"Well, me and Reggie are both working, so probably just the speakeasy." Chuck said.

"You guys want me to go out as a newly single person to my ex-girlfriends bar? I'm good, thanks. I'll probably be too tired anyway, I'm gonna help my dad Saturday." Archie said.

"Well, are you gonna come to Pop's after school at least?" Fangs asked.

"Probably not. Not really in the mood." Archie said.

"Well, if you need anything just give us a call, man." Kevin slapped his back.

After school Jughead, Betty, Veronica, Sophia, Tom, Toni, Cheryl, Sweet Pea and Fangs went to Pop's.

"How are you feeling, V?" Toni asked.

"I'm okay, really." Veronica said. "Are you guys still coming out tomorrow night?"

"Of course, Ronnie." Cheryl said. "We're here to support you."

"Because of everything, I'm gonna have a couple of bottles of alcohol behind the bar, just for close friends like you guys Kevin, Moose, Chuck and Reggie. But they can't have too much because they're working." Veronica said.

"How are you gonna get alcohol?" Betty asked.

"I'm sure Reggie could sort a fake ID." Jughead said.

"I have an ID that says I'm 21." Sophia interjected.

"Why?" Sweet Pea asked.

"Because a lot of the old gang stuff happened in a strip club that we owned, and for some reason punters never believed I was old enough to be there, so they got me a fake. That way if anyone asked, I had an ID. It was made when I was like thirteen though, so I look so young, but because it's my name and my photo and it's got all the holographic stuff on it it's always been fullproof. I managed to sneak it over here." Sophia explained to them.

"I don't know if I preferred it when you didn't tell me stuff or not." Tom said.

"But this is perfect." Veronica said. "If you could pick up a couple bottles of vodka and bring them with you tomorrow, that would be great."

The next day, Sophia was worried. On the way home from Pop's the day before, Sweet Pea and Fangs had mentioned to her and Tom that Archie had said no to Pop's, was going to be spending the day working for his dad, and had refused to go to La Bonne Nuit. She texted Jughead.

Soph😈 : ik everyones supposed to be at lbn tonight but i think you and the serpent boys should have a night with archie
Jughead👑 : whys that?
Soph😈 : hes just broken up with v. he might say hes ok but i highly doubt it. us girls are gonna go lbn and get wasted, you guys should too. have a party at the trailer, i can supply alcohol if needs be. it can be you serpent lads and arch. i think he'd appreciate it a lot
Jughead👑 : ...you're good, putnam. if i agree to this, you have to promise you'll look after betty. she'll be on bestie watch with v which will probably mean that she'll end up drinking a lot
Soph😈 : i promise. she can stay at mine as well
Jughead👑 : ok then thats fine. I'll tell archie
Soph😈 : im omw to the yard now, i'll let him know :)

Sophia had stopped to pick up some food from Pop's before going to Andrew's construction yard. She knocked on the door before going in.

"Sophia, hi." Fred smiled.

"Hey, Mr Andrews." She replied.

"Is there anything I can do to help you?" He asked.

"We missed Archie at Pop's yesterday and Sweet mentioned he was working today, so I thought I'd bring Pop's to him." Sophia explained. "I didn't forget you, though. Pop knows who eats what, so I got both of your favourites." She held up the bag and drinks tray.

"That's very kind of you, Sophia." Fred said. "I'll call Archie in now."

He radioed Archie to come to the office. He arrived in a few moments, shirt in his pocket, sweat dripping down him and hard hat in his hand.

"What's up, da- Hey, Soph." Archie said.

"Hey, Arch. I brought you and Mr Andrews some food. We missed you at Pop's last night." Sophia said, passing out the food and drinks.

"Thanks, Soph. You didn't have to." Archie said.

They all ate together, Fred talking to them about school and friends and everything. The Veronica topic wasn't brought up. When they had all done, Sophia stood.

"Well, this has been lovely. I think I should go, though. Things to do," she said.

"I'm sure I have some time left. Let me drive you back." Archie said.

"It's fine, I'm sure you have things to do." Sophia rejected.

"We can deal without him for ten minutes. Archie will drive you." Fred said.

"Thanks." Sophia smiled. "See you soon, Mr Andrews."

"Bye Sophia, and please, call me Fred." He said.

Sophia and Archie walked outside to the car, jumping in.

"Thanks for bringing us Pop's, Soph." Archie said.

"Anytime, Archie. I feel like you're excluding yourself and there's no need to. Both you and Veronica are integral parts of the group but from what I hear you've been around longer than she has. You're both important. Okay?" Sophia asked.

"Okay." Archie nodded.

"In the spirit of that, I've arranged you a boys night with Jug, Tom, Sweet Pea, Fangs and some of the other serpent guys. So, be at Jug's trailer tonight. He'll text you all the details."

"Sophia!" They had come to a stop outside her house.

"Thanks for the ride, Archie," she smiled, leaning over to hug him. "Get wasted and have lots of fun."

"See you later, Soph," he said, pulling away in the car.