Preparations

The next morning, Sweet Pea picked Sophia up from her house and they went to Pop's. They ordered their food, then went and sat down.

"How's everything going for your trailer park situation?" Sweet Pea asked.

"It's actually great. Right on track. The trailers are all being delivered on Monday, they'll be installed and we should be ready to go by Friday, I believe." Sophia told him.

"Oh, wow. That's fast. You've done great, Soph," he said.

"Why, thank you," she replied, and they clinked glasses.

Cheryl and Toni walked into Pop's and sat at the counter.

"And now to go and give another person the news." Sophia said.

"Toni?" Sweet Pea asked.

"Cheryl. She should know about Thornhill and her mother." Sophia said. She walked over to the girls and sat down.

"Ooh, you and Sweets look cosy." Toni smirked, biting into a fry.

Sophia rolled her eyes. "We're just friends, T. Anyway, Cheryl can I talk to you?"

"Sure, Sophia, what is it?" Cheryl asked.

"I was thinking alone?" Sophia said.

"I share everything with TT. You may as well just tell us both." Cheryl said and Toni nodded.

"Okay." Sophia sat down. "I spoke to your mother."

"What?" They both asked.

"I spoke to your mum and made some negotiations." Sophia said.

"What kind of negotiations?" Cheryl asked.

"Well, as of a week or so ago my family own the land of Thornhill. We purchased it from your mother, for what some could say was a generous sum of cash and also a paid for house on the north side." Sophia said.

"Why did you buy Thornhill?" Toni asked.

"I'm turning it into a trailer park for the Serpents." Sophia said. "It's about time this camp malarkey was over. Everyone needs a real roof over their heads. And I'm sure it's not what you would expect at the Thornhill ground but-"

"No, I think it's a great idea." Cheryl said. "Thornhill was full of memories for me but that building is no longer there. I'm glad it can be used for something good."

"Okay. Well, by my time schedule we should be done by Friday, so I think we should have a party to celebrate. Think you could help me sort it?" Sophia asked. The couple looked at each other.

"Of course." Cheryl said.

"Fantastic. Come join me and Sweet Pea." Sophia said.

"Are you sure there's nothing going on there?" Toni asked.

"There's nothing going on." Sophia stated.

"Hey, Sweet Pea." Toni sat down opposite him, Cheryl sitting next to her.

"Hey, Toni, Cheryl." Sweet Pea said. "So, what do you think about Soph's idea for Thornhill?"

"I love it." Cheryl said.

"I'm just glad we all get to live somewhere again." Toni said.

"The girls are gonna help me organise the opening party." Sophia said.

"Another party? We've had a lot of those recently." Sweet Pea said.

"Well, there hasn't been any crazy happenings recently. And everyone's just got along." Cheryl said.

"Yeah, it's been quiet, thank God." Toni said.

"The most exciting thing that's gone on recently is Soph and Tom coming back. At least it's more chill than a murderer." Sweet Pea said.

"I'm flattered." Sophia said. "But think about it. We came here, we found out I almost died, we joined the Serpents and I got stabbed. It's not exactly been quiet."

"Touché, Sophia." Sweet Pea laughed, lifting his arm over her shoulder. Toni raised an eyebrow.

"So, what are your ideas for the party so far?" Cheryl asked.

"Well, the pool's still there and Mr Andrews is building a pool house for it so dress code is whatever you're comfortable in, plus swimsuits if you want." Sophia said.

"And is it gonna be just Serpents only?" Toni asked.

"No." Sweet Pea was the one to answer. "I'm sure the Bulldogs will love to help us celebrate."

"Just inner circle Bulldogs, though." Sophia said. "Archie, Veronica, Reggie, Chuck, Kevin, Moose and Josie."

"Well, duh." Cheryl said. "What else can we help with?"

"Decorations. A welcome home banner, some streamers maybe, just that sort of thing. And the setting up of it. Other than my family, Fred and FP you three are the only ones who know about this so we have to do it quietly. That okay?" Sophia asked.

"Of course. I love a surprise." Toni said.

When the trailers were all dropped off on Monday, Sophia was given the keys, which had their numbers on. She then wrote and printed off letters, which she and Sweet Pea then gave out to everyone who would own a trailer, who were living in camp. The letters said,

Dear Serpents,

Please make your way to the Thornhill ground at 6:00pm on Friday.

Mandatory South Side Serpent meeting to take place.

Also a party.

Bring all of your belongings.

See you there!

She had also written invitations for her friends,

Dear friend,

Please join us at the Thornhill ground at 5:30pm on Friday.

We're having a party.

See you there!

"What's this?" Jughead asked when he read it.

"A party." Sophia smiled. "Oh, and Jug, Sweet Pea is going to come get you that night. I have a surprise for you."

"I hate surprises." Jughead said.

"Even I can say that you won't hate this one." Sweet Pea assured him.