Football

The next morning, everyone met up at school as usual. Sophia had practically skipped her way there, dragging a laughing Tom behind her.

"What did you guys do on this weekend?" He asked when everyone was together. "Sophia's been on cloud nine ever since she got back."

"Yesterday she came to the realization that Riverdale is actually her home now." Veronica said.

"I guess knowing that she won't be in London environment again has made her happy." Sweet Pea shrugged.

The others got filled in on the weekend antics, but the details of the dirty truths were left between the couples. Sophia sat half-listening to the conversations and half scrolling through the weekend photos, deciding which ones to put on instagram. She decided on a cute one of her and Sweet Pea when she was sat behind him, a couple of full group ones, the girls pic, one of her, Cheryl and Toni sticking out their tongues, one of her and Betty sunbathing, a photo of her and Veronica kissing, a solo pic, another cute one where Sweet Pea was kissing her cheek, one of her and the boys and then for the final one she pulled up the photo she took of Sweet Pea and Archie hugging.

"Sweets, can I put this on instagram?" She asked, showing him the photo.

"Why did you take that?" He asked, chuckling. She shrugged. "Yeah, whatever."

"Thanks, Pea." Sophia smiled. She made a post, tagging all of her friends and captioning it.

'twas the most amazing weekend away at lodge lodge. thanks v for taking us and thanks to my fellow couples for making it so so fun. i love you all quite a bit. also psa: last pic was when we got the boys drunk and made them hug. we stan a bromance. swarchie 4 lyf '

"You could've left out the Swarchie for life bit." Sweet Pea said, liking the post on his phone. The bell rang so everyone left for class.

At lunch time, the boys had decided to spend it outside throwing around a football. Reggie, Chuck, Archie, Kevin, Moose, Fangs, Sweet Pea, even Jughead was joining in. Tom walked over to the group and joined in.

"Why don't we play a friendly game?" He asked.

"With you there's nine. It's uneven." Reggie said.

"Soph, come on." Tom said, and Sophia got up from her place, rolling her eyes.

"You play football?" Reggie asked.

"I've dabbled in the past." Sophia shrugged.

They split into teams. Archie, Sophia, Kevin, Tom and Chuck on one, Sweet Pea, Fangs, Moose, Reggie and Jughead on the other. They began a game, all passing and shouting to one another. Archie scored the first touchdown, then Moose, then Tom, and then Fangs. 

"It's two all. How about next touchdown wins and you guys actually come and hang out with us." Toni suggested.

Those playing agreed, getting into their positions. Archie intercepted a throw from Jughead to Reggie, passing it over to Chuck, who looked around.

"Chuck!" Sophia shouted.

"Ah, what the hell." He shrugged, throwing it to her.

Sophia caught it with ease and started running. Sweet Pea, Fangs, Reggie and Moose all began to converge on her, but she expertly weaved in and out of them. She crossed the line, throwing the ball on the ground.

"TOUCHDOWN FROM SOPHIA ADELAIDE PUTNAM! AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!" Sophia shouted, and all the girls started to cheer. Her teammates ran over to her, hugging and hi-fiving.

"That was amazing Soph!" Kevin said.

"Completely amazing." Archie agreed.

"I'll never doubt your skills for anything." Chuck said.

"Nice one, sis!" Tom spun her around.

"Thanks Tommy. Thanks guys," she said.

They shook hands with the other team.

"Fangs, good game. You did well." Sophia said as she shook his hand. She moved down the line. "Reggie. I can see why you're on the team. Moose. Same for you. You have a good arm. Jones, good game. You did absolutely jack shit." She laughed.

"At least I played." Jughead winked.

"Sweet Pea." She smiled up at him. "You did okay."

"You're the MVP of this game, Soph," he replied.

"Do I get a congratulatory kiss?" Sophia asked, biting her lip. Sweet Pea cupped her jaw, leaning in to kiss her.

"Congratulations, princess. You look hot as fuck out on the field." Sweet Pea smirked.

The guys all sat down with the girls, the winning team being congratulated. Everyone chatted about homework, their lessons, and plans for the rest of the week. Nothing crazy was being planned for once, no parties, there wasn't any big serpent jobs. It seemed that it would be just a fun, chilled out Riverdale week.