A Good Glass

As they walked to the pool house, Sophia waved her hand in front of her face to dry her eyes.

"You okay, Soph?" Archie asked.

"That chat made me feel really emotional." Sophia replied.

"Aw, why?" Veronica asked.

"I think it's that he told us something his dad told him, and he directed it at me as much as Tommy, even though I'm not really his daughter," she explained.

"Soph, I've been around your family a lot recently and there is not any universe or situation I can think of in which they aren't your parents. They love you and you are their daughter and Tom's sister." Sweet Pea told her.

"Sweet Pea's right." Tom wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "I can't imagine life without you and I'm sure mum and dad can't either. You mean the world to us."

"Thanks, Tommy." Sophia said. "I'm gonna stop being such a sap and start getting in the party mood."

They soon got to the pool house and met up with everyone else. Once inside, Sophia grabbed enough glasses for everyone. She put in a few ice cubes, before pouring half a glass of whisky in each.

"What's all this?" Josie asked.

"Yeah, it's very fancy," said Reggie.

"Our dad gave us a bottle and said 'a good bottle of whisky shared between friends is a conversation never forgotten' and told us to sit down and talk with each other. So, I think that's what we're going to do." Tom said.

And it was. By the time the bottle was empty, they had all been talking about their lives. Their hopes and fears and regrets. Things they had never told anyone before. They supported one another through each revelation that occurred, and it was really a sight to see. Fifteen teenagers, different ages, different backgrounds, previously different friendship groups now one, and all the best of friends.

After a few more drinks, Cheryl grabbed her clutch bag.

"Let's get to the speakeasy. I wanna dance," she said.

Everyone agreed, getting up and making their way to the speakeasy. When they got there they said hello to Gunner and the other bartender. None of the gang was working tonight, including Kevin and Josie, Veronica had just hired a DJ. The girls took straight to the dance floor, while the boys went to get drinks for everyone because they needed a bit more dutch courage before dancing. They took the drinks over to their booth, putting them on the table and sitting down to watch the girls dance. Tom went to dance with Josie, Kevin and Moose were still stood at the bar chatting, and Reggie and Chuck went off to mingle with some girls, so it was just Sweet Pea, Fangs, Archie and Jughead left at the table.

"Can I tell you guys something?" Sweet Pea asked.

"Yeah." "Course." "Go on." They all agreed.

"Tomorrow is exactly four weeks since me and Soph got together and I'm taking her to the park we used to go to as kids. I'm gonna tell her that I love her." Sweet Pea told them.

"Oh shit, man." Fangs said. "That's big."

"It's really big. Congrats." Archie said.

"Thanks. I just... I know, you know? I never thought it would happen, especially not this quickly. I want to tell her already but we said we loved each other in that park when we were little for the first time, so it feels right to do it there." Sweet Pea explained.

"You have changed so much since she's been here." Jughead shook his head.

"It's crazy." Fangs agreed. "I'm so happy for you."

Sophia walked over to the table, sitting down. "Which drink is mine?" Sweet Pea handed it to her. "Thanks. So, what are you boys talking about?" She asked.

"Nothing much." Sweet Pea shrugged.

"Fangsy, come with me. I just met this girl who I think you'd love to get with." Sophia said.

"Alright, Soph. Let's go." Fangs agreed, and they went back to the dance floor.

"Fangs, this is Lauren. Lauren, this is my friend Fangs I was telling you about." Sophia introduced them.

"Lauren? Nice to meet you." Fangs shook her hand and kissed her cheek.

"Likewise." Lauren smiled.

"I'll leave you guys to it." Sophia grinned, turning and going back to the table. She sat in the seat Fangs had previously occupied next to Sweet Pea.

"You okay, princess?" Sweet Pea asked.

Sophia nodded. "I'm good. Can I stay at yours tonight, Sweets?"

"You don't have to ask me, Sophia. I assumed you were, anyway." Sweet Pea told her.

"Okay, thank you, darling." Sophia leaned over to kiss his cheek.

"So, how's married life, Soph?" Jughead asked with a sarcastic smile.

Sophia laughed. "There's more bling involved in married life, Jug, but so far it's been pretty great."

"At the moment do you prefer being in a relationship?" Archie asked.

"Well, it's very different." Sophia said. "But I prefer being with Sweet Pea. It's not about being single or in a relationship. It's all him. Either way I'd be happy, as long as he's around me. Having him with me is what I adore the most."

Sweet Pea grabbed her neck and leaned in to press a chaste kiss against her lips. "You're so cute." He sat back, his hand on her thigh and she smiled.

After a while, Veronica and Cheryl came over.

"Stop being boring. Come dance, you guys." Cheryl said.

"Yeah." Veronica said. "Especially you, Soph. I'm disappointed."

"Alright, alright." Sophia got up and helped the girls pull up the boys onto the dance floor.

They all laughed and danced around, having more drinks and enjoying each other's company.

When it got to closing time, everyone went off in their own directions, Sweet Pea, Sophia, Jughead, Betty, Toni, Cheryl, Fangs and Lauren all going to the trailer park.

"Hey, I don't know how prepared Fangsy usually is so, here." Sophia whispered in Lauren's ear, handing her a condom.

"Thanks, Soph." Lauren replied, blowing her a kiss.

They all said goodbye before going into their respective trailers.