School's Out

Sweet Pea went to Sophia's house with her.

"We're home!" She said as she opened the door.

"Hello, kids, how was it?" William asked.

"Not too bad." Sweet Pea shrugged.

"Soph?" Patricia asked.

"Yeah. It actually went okay, I think." Sophia nodded.

"We're all going to the speakeasy tonight to celebrate them not having to study anymore and the end of school." Tom said.

"That sounds like fun. Want dinner before you go?" Trish asked. "Ah, why am I asking. Of course, you do." She got up and went to the kitchen.

"I'm gonna get ready now then, that way we can arrange pre-drinks at the pool house before we go to La Bonne Nuit." Sophia said.

"Before you do that, be a lamb and grab me, Sweet Pea and Tom a beer from the fridge." William said.

Sophia obliged, walking into the kitchen and grabbing three beers, opening them and taking them back to the lounge. She handed them to each of them.

"Thanks, Soph." Tom said.

"Thank you, Sophia." Said William.

"Thanks, princess." Sweet Pea kissed her.

"Enjoy, boys, I'll be down in a while," she replied.

When she got upstairs she first messaged the group chat suggesting the pool house for pres, and everyone agreed. She then facetimed Veronica for outfit ideas.

"Hey, I know what I'm wearing. Want me to come round so I can help you raid your closet?" Veronica asked.

"Oh my God! Yes!" Sophia said.

"I have Archie with me, is that okay?" Veronica asked.

"Of course. I'll get mum to make you both dinner. See you in a bit." Sophia hung up. She ran downstairs. "Mummy dear, can you set an extra two places? Veronica and Archie are coming over."

"Of course, put out mats for them then." Patricia said, pouring more pasta into the pan. Sophia laid out places at the table for them.

"Why are Archie and Veronica coming?" Tom asked.

"Because Ronnie is coming to help me decide what to wear and Archie was with her so I said they should come for dinner too." Sophia said.

After about five or ten minutes, there was a knock at the door. Sophia answered and greeted them.

"Arch, hi. Veronica, looking as gorgeous as ever," she said.

"Thanks, Soph." Veronica replied.

"Hey guys." Sweet Pea said.

"Hey." They said.

"Hi again, Mr Putnam." Archie shook his hand.

"Please, call me William. Trisha is in the kitchen." William said.

"We're gonna- " Sophia started.

"Sophia, manners." Trisha said, walking in. "Hello Veronica, Archie. We've heard so much about you." She greeted.

"Oh yeah. Arch, would you like a beer?" Sophia asked.

"Yeah, why not?" He nodded.

"Dad, you know you love me? Can Veronica and I have a glass of wine in my room?" Sophia asked.

"Of course. But ask your mother. It's her wine." Will said.

"Mumma?" Sophia asked.

"Of course. I've already poured you girls a glass in the kitchen." Trisha said. The three of them went in and she handed them over.