Secrets Revealed

Sophia walked into her house, slamming the door closed.

"Sophia, please don't slam the doors." Patricia said.

"I'm not worried about doors right now." Sophia replied.

"How was school?" William asked.

"Actually pretty good, but again, not what I'm worried about." Sophia said.

"Soph, what's wrong?" Tom asked.

"What happened when I fell into sweetwater river?" She asked.

"How did you-" Patricia started, but stopped and took a breath. "Sit down. I'll tell you."

Both Sophia and Tom sat down in the lounge with their parents.

"First of all, the reason we never told you is because you didn't remember. If you had asked we would've said something." William said. "But it was just in passing that you knew something may've happened."

"That day was one of the worst days of my life. A child in harms way - it's the scariest thing in the world." Patricia said. "But what happened was you and a friend from Riverdale were on the bridge playing and then you leaned too much and fell in. A family was walking by and saw it happen, but the craziest thing was that he followed you in. He jumped in to save you. He did save you. I can't remember his name but he was called something by everyone." Patricia told her.

"Sweet Pea." Sophia stated.

"Yes, I think that was it." Patricia nodded. "He saved you, the family walking past helped pull you out but essentially another five year old was the one to initiate that. But I didn't want you to grow up as the girl who fell into sweetwater river. You were in hospital for weeks. You almost died a couple of times. It was better to move."

"But why England?" Tom asked.

"It was a brand new start. And I'd been offered a job anyway. This was just another reason to go in our books." William said.

"That necklace you wear, the one with the ring on it. Do you remember where it came from?" Patricia asked.

Sophia slowly shook her head. "No. Maybe. I don't know. Didn't you say something about it being given to me?"

"It was left for you when you were in hospital. By him. He left it on your bedside when he came to visit you. But I don't think you said goodbye. You didn't remember him. You didn't remember much at all." Patricia explained.

"So, instead of getting to know here, I had to get to know London?" Sophia asked.

"It's the way it worked out." William said. "But we should've told you. Especially before we came back."

"Yeah, that would've been great." Sophia said. "I'm not mad. I understand why. I just wish I had known. I could've come straight to Riverdale and not had to go looking. I tried the Greendale papers before we came but if I'd known, then we could've avoided all of this."

"And we are sorry." Trisha said. "But at the time it was what was best for you."

"I get that. But my name wasn't even in the Register's article. So whether people would've actually known it was me is another story." Sophia said.

"Maybe. Maybe not. I guess we'll never know." William said. "But if you meet this Sweet Pea, talk to him."

"I spoke to him in class earlier. And we were at Pop's together." Sophia said. "When Jughead said my surname, he left. So, he must remember."

"Then speak to him about it." Trisha said. "He was there, he may remember more. But he was there for you then. It might be worth being friends with him again."

"Yeah, thanks." Sophia said. "I'm going upstairs."

"I know you thought it was best not to, but you should've told her. She deserves to know what's happened in her life." Tom told his parents before following his sister upstairs. He knocked on her door.

"What?" She asked.

"I just wanted to check you're okay."

"I'm fine. Just a bit miffed. Mostly confused. Like, I put not remembering my younger life down to just being too young. Who knows what I might've remembered."

"It is mad. Speaking of mad..."

Sophia looked up at him. "What is it?"

"I saw Jughead and some of his friends wearing those jackets, with those tattoos. I'm gonna ask them about joining." Tommy confided in her.

"Are you heck." Sophia replied. "You know I can't let you do that. Mum would kill you. And me."

"Sophia, I don't care anymore. I want something like that." Tom ranted. "I want a place where I feel I belong where someone's always got my back. Someone other than you." He added when she looked like she was going to protest.

Sophia sighed. "Let me talk to them. You are not joining anything unless I'm part of it. So, let me sort out myself first and then you can follow."

"Thank you, Soph. You're the best." He hugged her tightly before leaving the room.