Blue & Gold

Tom found Sophia and Sweet Pea the next morning, taking a photo before waking them up by shouting, "Wakey wakey eggs and bakey!"

Sophia groaned, moving in Sweet Pea's embrace. "What time is it?"

"Time to get up for school," her brother said

"Where's mum and dad?" She asked.

"Already gone to work, I assume. You're lucky, they probably just didn't see you guys on the sofa." Tom told her.

"Ugh, can you go up and wake the girls? I'll start on breakfast." Sophia pulled away from Sweet Pea. His arms clasped around her.

"It's too early. Come cuddle me," he said sleepily.

"I can't. I need to go make breakfast. Get up, you can help," she tapped his tummy.

"Ugh, fine." He begrudgingly got up and they went to the kitchen to start making food.

As the guys and girls began to wake up, they went into the kitchen and got a plate of food from Sophia. Soon everyone was sat down eating, but afterwards the others all went home to get ready.

At school, Betty and Jughead walked into the Blue and Gold office. An envelope addressed to Betty was in the mail. She opened it to find some articles. She read them through, before realising the authors name. Sophia Putnam.

"Oh my God, Jug, read these." She handed them over. His eyes scanned them.

"Sophia? She wrote these?!" He asked.

"I guess so." Betty shrugged. "I wonder who put them here. I wonder why."

"Well, the who is hard. The why's easy. They want us to get her on the panel of writers. And I think it's a great idea." Jughead said.

They both sprinted to the lounge area, where many of the others were sat waiting for the bell to sound.

"Recognise these?" Betty put the papers in front of Sophia, Jughead jumping over the back of the sofa to sit next to her.

"Where did you get these?" Sophia asked. "Have you been snooping?"

"They turned up in an envelope in the Blue and Gold office." Betty told her.

"What's happening?" Archie asked.

"It turns out our new friend, the badass gang girl from England is a very talented writer." Jughead said.

"Ooh, let's see." Veronica took the papers from Betty's hand, scanning through. "Wow. You really are Soph."

"You have to join the Blue and Gold," said Betty.

"Not a chance." Sophia replied.

"Okay, put it this way." Jughead said. "Sophia, as your Serpent King, I order you to join."

"You guys suck." Sophia said. "But fine. I'll do it."

"Okay. We'll see you in the Blue and Gold offices in free period." Betty smiled.

"Can't wait." Sophia replied.

The bell went so everyone went off to their lessons.

"Why are you so against doing the Blue and Gold?" Fangs asked Sophia during their lesson together.

"I'm not. It's just- a long story." Sophia said.

A few periods later, Sweet Pea, Toni, Fangs, Reggie, Chuck and Sophia finished their lesson before free period.

"I'd say let's hang, but Soph's got somewhere to be." Toni joked.

"I'm going outside first." Sophia took out her packet of tobacco, filters and paper, rolling a cigarette.

"Sweet Pea and me will come out with you." Fangs said.

"Well, we've got to go practice." Reggie said.

"Catch you later." Chuck added as they left.

"Let's go sit in the lounge, TT." Cheryl said, and she and Toni left too.

Sophia, Sweet Pea and Fangs went out the back of school, Sophia lighting up a cigarette. Afterwards, she went to the Blue and Gold offices where Betty and Jughead were.

"You're late. Thought you might not come." Jughead said.

"Just late, Jug." Sophia sat down, her feet on the desk. "I was having a smoke."

"Well, let's get discussing recent events." Betty said, notebook and pen poised and ready.

The Bulldogs were all together, working out.

"So, both Mantle and me have banged the new girl." Chuck said. "Who do we think will be next?"

"Are we really gonna play this game? She's a nice girl." Archie said.

"She's a self-professed lover of sex. She'll have someone else soon. Unless it's someone we don't really hang out with, I reckon it'll be Moose." Reggie said.

"I don't think so." Moose chuckled, his eyes scanning towards Kevin. "Maybe it'll be Andrews."

"I'm with Veronica." Archie said.

"I don't know if she's the type to care about that." Chuck said.

"She likes sex, she's not a home wrecker." Kevin said.

"Maybe she'll try and turn you, Kevin." Reggie said.

Kevin shook his head. "I went through my straight phase years ago. I don't know why you're limiting it to Bulldogs and people you know. Could be a Serpent."

"That's very true." Archie said. "Soph and Sweet Pea seem pretty close."

"He pulled her out of a river when they were five. He's probably been friendzoned." Reggie said.

"Well, weirder things have happened." Moose shrugged.

Back in the Blue and Gold offices, Sophia was observing Jughead and Betty, how they interacted, his hand on her shoulder, a smile over an agreement.

"What're you thinking about?" Betty asked her.

"I just can't imagine you two having sex." Sophia blurted. Betty blushed. "I'm sorry, that came out horrendously."

"So, what did you mean?" Jughead asked.

"Oh, I meant it, I just don't think I phrased it in a way that wasn't somewhat offensive." Sophia said. "I just look at you two - you're both so sweet, despite you being the leader of a gang, Jug - and I just can't picture you doing it. I guess because I knew a girl who you remind me a lot of, Betty, and she was a virgin."

"Well, not that it's everyone's business but we do have sex." Jughead said.

"I never said you didn't. I said I couldn't picture it." Sophia said. "I'm sure it's more than satisfactory for you both."

"Oh, it is." Betty said, and they dropped the subject to work on the paper.