First Day

Sophia and Tom both got ready for school the next morning. They had breakfast with their parents who wished them luck, then together they started the walk to Riverdale High. When they got to the school, they waited outside the principal's office. A man came out to greet them.

"Hello, I'm Principal Weatherbee. You two must be the Putnam's."

"Hello, sir. I'm Thomas, this is my sister, Sophia." Tom introduced them.

The principal shook both their hands.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Come in." The principal gestured to his office and both teenagers followed him inside.

"Betty Cooper to Principal Weatherbee's office." The tannoy sounded.

The siblings heard this and looked at Principal Weatherbee.

"She's going to give you a tour," he explained and they nodded.

Betty was sat in the student lounge with her friends, and everyone looked at her as the tannoy sounded.

"What's that for?" Archie Andrews asked.

"I have to give some new kids a tour." The blonde told her friends.

"Okay. See you later B." Her boyfriend, Jughead Jones, kissed her sweetly.

They parted and she got up to go to the office. Once there, she was invited inside.

"Miss Cooper. This is Sophia and Thomas Putnam. They've just moved from London, England. Give them a tour and please show them a warm welcome to Riverdale." The principal said.

"Of course, Principal Weatherbee." She smiled and turned her direction towards the siblings. "Shall we?"

They got up to follow her. She showed them around the school, finally getting to the lounge where her friend still were seated.

"Hey guys! This is Sophia and Thomas Putnam. These are my friends Archie, Veronica, Kevin, Cheryl and Toni, and my boyfriend Jughead." Betty introduced.

Everyone said hello.

"So, you guys are new?" Kevin Kellar asked.

"Yeah. We moved from London." Sophia answered.

"Ooh, and we thought Veronica coming from New York was exotic." Cheryl Blossom said.

"At least I'm not the new girl any more." Veronica Lodge smiled.

"Glad to take the pressure off you." Tommy smiled back. "Soph, I'm off to my class. I'll see you later."

"Have a good day, Tom. Be safe." Sophia replied, giving him a quick hug.

"I will," he sighed, leaving the room.

"So, what's the deal?" Toni Topaz asked. "You guys in the same grade as us or?"

"According to Betty, I'm in your grade. But my brother's the year below me. He was a surprise to my parents to say the least." Sophia joked.

"So, what brought you all the way to Riverdale?" Archie asked.

"We have family in Greendale and while my parents wanted to move closer, they didn't want to be too close. So, we moved to the next town over. Apparently, I was actually born in Greendale, but something happened when I was about five that led us to move to England. I've never found anything about it though." Sophia shrugged.

"Maybe Betty and I could help you. We could look at some old newspaper files." Jughead suggested.

"Thanks, but I tried that. Nowhere in Greendale has any knowledge." Sophia told them.

"Maybe we should try Riverdale. They are neighbouring towns. Sometimes their news makes ours and vice versa." Betty said.

"It might be worth a shot." Sophia nodded.

"Wow. She's only just got here and you guys are already sleuthing. Some things don't change." Veronica laughed at her friends, and the rest of them joined in.

Sophia shared her next class with Jughead, so they walked together and he invited her to sit with him.

"I couldn't help but notice your jacket. South Side Serpents. Is that a gang?" Sophia asked.

"Yeah. My gang. My dad was leader but he retired and now it's mine." Jughead explained.

"Wow. That's quite something for someone of our age. My old gang wasn't allowed to change leader until they were at least 25. Unless an unforeseen circumstance like death was involved." Sophia replied.

"You were in a gang?" He looked surprised.

"I was. Simultaneously some of the best and worst times of my life," she said.

The teacher began the lesson, and the day passed, but soon it was lunch. In the cafeteria, Sophia went up to Tom, who was sat with a couple of guys.

"Hey guys, this is my sister, Sophia. Soph, this is Reggie and Chuck. They're in your year but we got to talking." Tom said with a shrug.

"Hey guys." Sophia smiled at the two boys.

"Hello to you." Chuck Clayton said.

"Welcome to Riverdale." Reggie Mantle smirked.

"Thanks," she said. "So, Tommy. How's it going so far?"

"Not too bad thanks, you?" He replied.

"I'm doing great." Sophia said.

"Sophia, come sit!" Archie beckoned her over.

"I guess I'll see you around, boys." Sophia said, walking over to Archie and the others.

"I thought you said your brother was the grade below?" Cheryl asked.

"He is." Sophia said. "He's just always had older friends."

"That's fair enough." A girl with curly hair said. "Hi, I'm Josie McCoy."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Sophia Putnam," she replied.

They all hung out and chatted, getting to know Sophia, and Sophia getting to know the Riverdale students.

"After school we're gonna go to Pop's, our local diner. Wanna come?" Archie asked her.

"Uh, yeah sure," she nodded.

"Great. Meet us outside the front when you finish your last class." Veronica said.

"Okay. Sounds good." Sophia said.

Everyone parted ways to their classes. When Sophia walked into her next one, she spotted Toni sat with two guys who also had the serpent jackets on.

"Sophia, sit with us!" Toni called her over. "Guys, this is the new girl, Sophia. Soph, this is Fangs and Sweet Pea."

"Hi. Nice to meet you." Sophia nodded.

"Where you from, doll?" Sweet Pea asked.

"England." Sophia replied. "So, you guys are part of the same gang as Jughead?"

"Have been for a long time." Fangs Fogarty nodded.

"That's fun." Sophia sat in the seat next to Toni and the teacher began the class.