Boys & Girls

Archie and Tom arrived at Jughead's trailer just before 8 o'clock. Tom picked up the bag of alcohol and brought it inside with them.

"Hey guys!" Jughead said. "Ah, you've got some alcohol. Great. Just put it on the table."

Tom placed it on the table. "So, who else is coming?"

"Well, other than Sweet Pea and Fangs, a few other Serpents will be round." Jughead said. "And they'll probably bring people."

"Will there be girls?" Tom asked, eating a few crisps from the bowl.

"Most likely." Jughead shrugged.

"Oh God, really?" Archie asked.

"Archie, you're single. It's time to get you out there." Tom said.

"No offence, but I really don't care enough." Archie said. "But I'm happy to have some drinks with the guys and just chill out."

Sophia walked into La Bonne Nuit, found straight over to the bar. The place was packed, so Veronica had both Chuck and Reggie working. Sophia caught the latter.

"Here, Reg. Here's what Veronica asked me to get." She passed over the bag of alcohol.

"Thank you, Soph." Reggie said. She smiled before walking over to find the others.

Veronica, Cheryl, Toni and Kevin were sat in a booth. Betty saw them, and then saw Sophia walking over, so she grabbed her arm and they walked together.

"Hey guys!" Kevin said. "Come on, sit."

Josie was next to come, followed by Moose. Veronica texted Reggie the drink order, and he delivered them to the table.

"Enjoy." He bowed slightly before going back to the bar.

"A toast." Josie said. "To the girls."

"And the gays." Cheryl added.

Everyone clinked glasses, tasting their drink.

By 9, the party down at Jughead's was in full swing. Everyone had had a few drinks and moved outside where there was more room. Sweet Pea and Fangs were sat with Archie as he looked around at everyone.

"Come on, Archie cheer up." Fangs tapped him on the back.

"I'm sorry, guys. I guess I'm not in the mood." Archie shrugged.

"In that case, we need to get you in the mood." Sweet Pea said. He stood up and whistled, getting everyone's attention. "Archie's gonna do a keg stand!"

Everyone cheered.

"Come on then, Archie." Jughead said. "Let's do it."

Sweet Pea and Fangs held Archie's legs as he drank from the keg, Tom taking photos of the event. They put him down when he took a breath after drinking a lot, and he stood up and cheered, everyone else joining in.

The girls had spent their time drinking and dancing, and then Moose and Kevin walked over to them, another guy in tow.

"Guys, this Nate Kidbrooke. He's a senior and on the football team with me." Moose introduced.

"Hi." All the girls said, Veronica leaning forward slightly.

"Hey, girls." Nate said. "I've heard a lot about you all."

"All good, I hope." Sophia said.

"Of course." Nate replied. "This place is amazing, Veronica."

"Thank you, Nate. Can I get you a drink?" Veronica suggested.

"That would be great." Nate smiled, and they walked over to the bar.

"Oh my God, yes, Veronica." Josie said.

"I told you he would be her type." Kevin said to Moose.

"This is a dangerous game, boys." Betty said.

"I love it." Sophia said. "Why shouldn't an attractive single girl get with a hottie like him?"

They all looked towards the bar, watching Veronica and Nate's interaction from afar.

"Chuck, two V specials." Veronica ordered, sitting on a seat.

"Of course." Chuck said. "With Sophia's secret ingredient or without?"

"With, of course." V smiled.

"Secret ingredient?" Nate asked.

"Alcohol." Veronica leaned in close to tell him. "I'm making a few exceptions to my no alcohol rule tonight."

"So, I see." He said. "Any reason?"

"I recently broke up with my boyfriend."

"You did?"

"Yeah."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. We were rocky for a while." Veronica took a gulp of her drink that Chuck had put in front of them both.

"So, how do you feel now?" Nate asked, putting his hand on her knee.

"I'm fine," she said.

"Ready to explore other options?" He asked, his hand grazing her thigh.

"I'd say so." She smiled, taking him by the collar and joining their lips. Nate tangled his fingers in her hair, kissing her.

While other people started to leave the speakeasy, the group were still going strong. The girls, Kevin and Moose and had been dancing together, Veronica and Nate with them too, although they hadn't really let up kissing.

"Right, we're going." Veronica said, Nate's arm going around her shoulder.

"Are you sure, V?" Toni asked.

"Yeah, will this just be a stupid drunk decision?" Cheryl asked.

"There's an easy five questions that can determine whether or not she's in the right state of mind." Sophia said. "What's your name?"

"Veronica Lodge."

"Where do you live?" 

"The Pembrooke, Riverdale."

"Who's your best friend?"

"Betty Cooper."

"Are you drunk?"

"Somewhat."

"Do you want to go home with Nate?"

"Yeah, I do." 

"Then it's settled." Sophia said.

"I guess that is a good way." Josie said.

"I'll look after her. I'll text you when we get back, Moose. So you guys know I got her back safe." Nate said.

"Okay, see ya man." Moose said, and everyone said goodbye to them.

"This is such a good party, Jug. Who knew you were capable of pulling a night like this off." Archie said, his arm slung around his best friend.

"Thanks, Arch." Jughead laughed. "But without Sophia, it never would've happened."

"She's great, isn't she?" Archie said.

"Yeah, she's cool." Jughead agreed.

"Sweet Pea, Fangs, isn't Sophia great?" Archie called to them.

"Yeah, she is." Fangs said.

"She's really something." Sweet Pea nodded.

"I wish she was here. And Betty. I miss Betty." Archie said.

"You do?" Fangs asked.

"We used to be so close. And now we're not. I don't think I have anyone anymore." Archie said.

"Woah, Arch." Jughead clamped his hand on Archie's shoulder. "Of course, you do. You've got your parents, you've got me, Betty, everyone."

"And you've got us." Sweet Pea said. "We may have had differences in the past, but you're Jughead's family, so you're ours too."

"Thanks, guys, you're the best." Archie said.