SAT's

The next two weeks were spent cramming in more information, as the SAT's were on Saturday 2nd June.

Everyone was pretty much on edge, because even if they weren't quite thinking about going to college they all knew their grades were important.

Those taking the SAT's (basically the whole gang minus Tom, Tiny and Dean) were in the pool house pretty much everyday after school to study together.

On the Friday night, the eve of the SAT's, everyone was still there around 11pm.

"I've had enough. I need sleep. Let's call it a night." Josie said.

Everyone agreed, packing up their books.

"Arch, can you give me a ride home?" Sophia asked.

"You're not staying here?" Sweet Pea asked.

She shook her head. "I think we both need to just sleep, and we can't guarantee that happening when we're together."

"Yeah, sure I can, Soph. I'm taking Veronica and Betty anyway." Archie said.

Chuck was going to take Reggie, Josie and Cheryl. Everybody said goodbye before going home to sleep before the big day.

"Tomorrow night we party." Veronica said in the car. "We deserve it."

"That sounds like fun." Betty agreed with a nod. "All we've done recently is study."

"Ooh, even Betty is ready to party. I do hope this means we get drunk Betty again." Sophia said.

"If you keep giving her drinks then you probably will." Archie said.

Everyone went home and to bed, somewhat nervous about the day ahead.

In the morning they all met up outside school.

"So, this is it." Fangs said.

"What we've all been working our lives towards." Jughead nodded.

"Not me, hun. I was meant to be doing A Levels next year." Sophia said.

"What does that entail?" Betty asked.

"Basically the same with but probably with less subjects." Sophia shrugged.

"Let's go. I'm getting nervous stood out here." Toni said.

The group walked inside together, going to the hall where they could register. They were then assigned where to go, and all went off in their own directions, wishing each other luck.

"You're gonna ace this, princess. I know it." Sweet Pea kissed Sophia lightly.

"Good luck, Pea. Even though you don't need it," she replied with a smile.

The first few hours of the exams went by pretty smoothly, none of them were finding it too difficult - apparently their nights spent studying had really prepared them all.

"Pens down!" The invigilator said, and everyone put down their pens. "Now, you're going to have an hour lunch as you've been told, then this afternoon will be the last of the examinations. You are dismissed."

Everyone left their seats, walking out of their classrooms. Sophia rolled a cigarette as she walked out to the back of school, where she and the others had already arranged to meet. As they all met up with one another, questions about how the exams were going and how they themselves were doing. Sophia lit up her cigarette as she asked and answered the questions with the rest of them. Sweet Pea spotted her as he walked out of the building and sat down next to her.

"Hey princess, not stress smoking are we?" He asked.

"Actually, kind of am a bit." Sophia shrugged.

"Why's that?" Sweet Pea asked, his fingers trailing over her thigh.

"American Lit is this afternoon, and even though we've gone over the syllabus we've been told to hundreds of times, I can't help but feel unprepared given that I spent my life growing up around English Literature, not American." Sophia explained, taking a drag of the cigarette. 

"Sophia, look at me," he said. She turned her head. "The most passionate person about any kind of literature I knew was Jughead, but you've managed to not only be the most badass bitch I've ever met, but also somehow even more passionate about literature. You'll pass the exam on that alone. Don't sweat it, babe. You're gonna do amazing." He squeezed her thigh.

Sophia blew the last of the smoke out and stubbed out her cigarette before wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him. "Thank you, darling. I needed that." She kissed him again.

"Why are you two always doing that when I walk into places?" Tom asked as he had rounded the corner.

"Hey Tom!" Everyone greeted him.

"What are you doing here?" Josie asked, not able to keep the smile off her face.

"Well, as much as I'm here to see you, doll." He winked, tapping her chin. "Soph asked me to bring Pop's for you all." He passed out burgers to everyone.

"Great idea, Soph." Jughead bit into his burger.

"Gotta keep everyone's strength up," she replied. "Besides, right now a Pop's will cheer us up and keep us going."

"That's very true." Archie agreed with a nod.

They all ate their food, chatting, until it was time to go back inside and carry on with the SAT's. Tom gave Josie a quick kiss goodbye.

"Want me to come meet when you're finished?" He asked.

"I'll have to go home and get ready. I'll just see you later at the speakeasy?" She suggested.

"Okay, doll." He kissed her cheek before turning around. "Good luck, you lot!"

Everyone waved goodbye as he left. Sweet Pea walked Sophia to her classroom door.

"Remember, don't stress. You're gonna do absolutely fine." He kissed her forehead.

Sophia pressed a kiss to his lips. "Thank you, Sweet Pea. Now go be as amazing in the SAT's as you are generally."

Sweet Pea chuckled and winked. "I'll do my best." He walked to his classroom.

Finally, all the SAT exams were over, and everyone piled out of the classrooms, the BullVixPents as dubbed in the group chat all meeting at the front entrance. They all exchanged well done's and anecdotes from some of the questions before splitting off in their own directions.