3 | Make it Raine.

Start from the beginning

Macey bursted into laugher. "I can't believe we guilt tripped the dean." She then stopped laughing and frowned, crossing her arms in severity. "Just remember 'miss Shannon,' no crazy parties."

"Oi," gawked Shaz, who frowned and pointed her finger at the cackling moon mage. "Don't be using my real name here, alright!"

She pouted but Macey couldn't get over the fact that her Autisian accent became incredibly thick, sounding like the pair of them were back in their hometown of Resneroth.

"But," sighed Shaz. "I am on bad terms with dad. So I gotta be a good girl." A cunning glare shot right at Macey, who then creased her face. "But, I'm still gonna party like I'm eighteen again. I need to somehow draw in a man who will please me for when I get lonely and old. I don't suit being a crazy lady with many cats. I want a guy with a large heart and an equally impressive di—"

"Okay Shaz," yelled Macey, frowning at Shaz who looked as if she were holding an imaginary package. "Let's stay away from the gutter for now. How was your elemental test?"

"Good," she replied, twirling at a loose curl on her head. "The professor said I handled the situation with ease and is more lenient towards strategy and intelligence, which wasn't a surprise. How was the water test? The metal test was insanely freaky, my goodness. I mean ... it was easy ... but so scary."

She shrugged. "It was okay," Macey awkwardly said. "I did well."

Shaz tolled her eyes. "Of course," she said. "You are the benevolent moon mage after all."

She narrowed her eyes down at her best friend, pressing her lips hard in a straight line. The very words 'moon mage' always made her grimace. She couldn't stand to hear those two words in the same sentence and it was worse coming from her best friend, who giggled silently under her breath.

"I'm messing with you," said Shaz. "So, what did you get?"

Macey opened her mouth to tell Shaz that she had achieved the almost impossible. However, she was slowly interrupted. The sound of heavily armoured boots resonated before her. When she looked over her shoulder, Macey gasped.

A tall slender woman walked down the aisles. She had striking gold eyes like the cogs around her, making Macey feel inferior to even strike a glance in the depths of them. The way she sauntered made her silver long hair sway sideways, with a long coil that held each strand shimmering in the crystal light that streaked along the marble floor.

I can't believe it," gasped Shaz. "That's Lena — head alchemist at the Citadel of Magics, lead mechanic in the Tech division and professor in adornments and grimoire studies."

Macey looked over at her best friend, who was now in complete awe of the beautifully stunning professor. She couldn't help but shake her head, reminded how much Shaz admired the many alchemist that surrounded her, being inspire by a multitude of women.

"Second best alchemist," muttered Shaz. "She's nothing compared to Raine Gilsidian — youngest student to not only attend Grendilton but youngest head technician of the Alchemist guild."

Macey raised her brow. "Isn't that Michael Heslingtons fiancée?"

There were many rumours about this Raine. Not only was she a descendent of the founder of light, Reijo Gilsidian, but she was the only one who attended Grendilton at the age of sixteen. Macey, along with many others whose parents work at the Citadel heard of the proposal and thought it was only a unity between two families. But many believed — it was love.