Chapter 49

Quinn

It was decided that night that Everett's training would start in the wee hours of the morning.

We got back to the house and he was there waiting for me.

"You left your phone." Skylar said. "And he wouldn't stop calling."

"Its ok Sky." I said, heading towards the back of the house. "Ill get you some blankets."

"I got them already." Violet said. "I suggest you go clear things up."

"Ok. I left my phone." I sighed. "It's not that big of a deal."

I walked towards my room, opening the door slowly. "Everett?"

"You scared us." I heard from somewhere in the darkness.

"I know. I thought we were gonna be nearby." I said, closing the door behind me.

I felt his hand grab mine and pull me closer to him.

"I thought he got you too." He said slowly. "I regret giving you so much free will."

"We're okay." I said. "You worry like my mother."

"Then she's aware that you've got a blatant disregard for your own safety."

His hands caressed my stomach gently. "Quinn you and I are going to be parents. We have to start acting like responsible adults."

'Alright.' Leia said. 'You first.'

I was trying to figure out who she was talking to when Everett gripped my hips.

"Alright." I told Everett. "We can start tomorrow."

He chuckled, hugging me closer.

'Can you not. The humans are having a moment.' Leia remarked and Ghost's unheard response made Everett laugh.

"So I'm the only one who doesn't get to be in on the conversation?" I asked.

'We were talking about the fetus and of course their mind wandered.' Leia said. 'I may or may not have called him a prick and now he's angry.'

"You guys argue like a married couple." I rolled my eyes.

"That's because we are a married couple." He said.

I looked up into those silvery eyes that shone bright, even in the darkness.

'I'm sorry. Did I miss the proposal?' Leia asked.

"She's right." I said. "We're not married."

'How so?' Everett asked through our mind link. 'We do everything a married couple does.'

'Except buy rings because why do we need those, am I right?' Leia asked.

"You have a sharp tongue today." Ghost said. "But you haven't got a leg to stand on."

Leia whispered something to him and she giggled as the white eyes became enflamed.

I gasped as he gripped my waist even tighter. "Ok. Let me go."

If his grip got any tighter he'd break my hips.

I stepped back. "Now. Both of you can save that anger for training. It's time for bed now. Bring Everett back."

"Go home." I told him, pushing him towards the door.

"No." He said. "I'm staying right here. To make sure you don't wander off again."

'He does have to train in the morning.' Leia said. 'It would only make sense.'

She continued her conversation with Ghost at which point I just blocked them out.

"Fine." I said. "You can stay. But you're sleeping on the floor."

"Why?" He asked and he flopped down on my bed, pulling me in with him.

"I'm not in the mood Everett." I said, getting back up.

"I wasn't going to try anything." He said.

"You're a liar." I scoffed, starting to change.

I had just tied my hair when he pulled me back onto my bed. "I'm tired."

"Then go to sleep." I said, pulling the blanket over me.

I heard him pull off his shirt and he crawled in next to me, cradling my stomach.

In a couple minutes his breathing became a quiet snore and I let the sound lull me to sleep.

**********

"Quinn? Quinn!" Violet shook me violently. "You're gonna miss the fight of the century."

"What?" I mumbled, feeling around. "Everett?"

"He and River are going at each other's throats." She said.

I jumped up, running for the back door. "What?"

I looked through the screen and Leia took control, shifting quickly and charging towards what I couldn't see.

It took me a second to be completely awake and by that time we had Ghost pinned.

Leia was livid. 'How could you be so immature. What is wrong with you?'

I was only getting snippets of her rant, taking control.

River sat calmly at the edge of the property. 'And you! Its too early in the morning and we have no time to waste.'

'You both ought to be ashamed.' I mumbled and Everett whimpered.

I stepped off of him. 'No more fighting. Get back to work.'

River stalked around me slowly. 'You can't be here.'

'And why not?' I asked. 'It's obvious you two can't be trusted to work alone.'

'The pup can't withstand the strain these exercises put you through. Especially in such early stages.' He said.

'Quinn he's right. You should sit this one out.' Everett said.

'Fine. But the second I hear you guys fighting again I'll be back out here and you'll both feel my wrath.' I said going back inside.

I shifted in the bathroom, taking a shower while I was in there.

'The fetus is behaving strangely.' Leia said. 'It's not growing at a normal rate. I think it could be human.'

'Might be.' I said. 'I don't really know anybody that's been pregnant by a Super wolf.'

The baby had been conceived close to when Everett got his wolf. But there's no telling when.

I peeked out the window, my heart pattered lightly at the sight of Everett hidden among the trees.

For his enormous size, the shrub hid him well enough.

It was already hard enough having lighter colored fur but for him, finding cover would be hard.

He noticed me and winked a large eye, giving me a snarky grin.

I pointed behind him, grinning slightly.

He turned just in time to side step River, who had launched himself off of a tree.

They tussled for a while, rolling out of sight after a moment. But over all the noises they were making, a heartbeat drowned them out.

*******

I literally wrote these chapters and forgot to publish them. I just spent the last two weeks thinking that they were out already. My bad.

Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋