Chapter 38

Quinn

I woke up to a peaceful silence and Everett stroking my naked thighs.

Once he saw I was awake, he sighed. "Is it weird that sometimes I don't remember sleeping with you?"

Don't remember?

"You don't remember what happened last night?" I asked.

"Bits and pieces." He said. "I just remember being so upset when I saw you at that restaurant. I kinda blacked out after that."

"I don't want Chance." I told him. "Please believe me. I feel nothing for him."

"I know." He said. "It's just upsetting seeing him so close to you. It makes me feel like I'm going to explode."

His hands were getting closer and closer to my sex. "You know, you spanked me last night?"

"I've been meaning to anyway." He said. "You're a very bad girl. You needed to be punished."

I rolled my eyes. "And you came in me."

"But you've been on the pill for a while now, right?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said slowly.

"Quinn?" He stopped. "You have been on the pill, right?"

"I can't remember the last time I took it." I said quietly. "Everett I could be pregnant."

He sat up, kissing me slowly. "I love you."

I was silent.

"I just thought you should know before you started freaking out." He said.

"Everett I-I-" I stumbled over my words.

It's not everyday that all your hopes and dreams come true. I was shocked to be honest.

It hadn't been my intention to make him love me. I had been so caught up in protecting him.

He hugged me then. "You don't have to say anything yet."

I put my arms around him. "Everett I love you so much."

"You're not just saying that?" He asked and smiled when I shook my head. "We should celebrate."

"You don't mean with sex, right?" I asked.

"Its not just sex Quinn. It's morning sex." He got up.

He picked me up, carrying me to the back of the house.

"I'm cold." I said.

"Let me warm you up." He said.

"Everett." I scolded.

"Let me finish." He said. "With a nice, hot shower."

"That sounds nice." I said as he carried me through his bedroom and into the bathroom.

"You know, now that you're moving in we're gonna have sex more often." He said, putting me on my feet in the shower.

"There's no guarantee." I said. "And who said I was moving in?"