Chapter 36

Quinn

Although shopping was kinda ruined for me I still managed to buy some things I really like.

"Quinn." River came to stand next to me, whispering.

"What?"

"Don't tell Violet." He said. "I lost the baby."

I looked at him and burst out laughing. "Nice one."

"I wasn't joking." He said.

"Violet's going to flip her lid! Which way did she go?" I asked.

"She's not in the store anymore that's for sure." He said. "I need you to find her before Violet notices."

"Before I notice what?" Violet stopped in front of us.

I heard a small snap and River held out a broken toy. "That I broke this."

"River. I told you to be careful." She said.

"Kinda hard to do in an antique store." I said.

"Let's go buy it and get out of here." Violet took River's arm and he gave me a look.

"You two go ahead. I wanna take a quick run." I said and left the store.

I caught Samantha's scent just outside the store but it was getting farther away.

A couple stores down a door opened and some kid came out with her Father.

A pet store?

She was carrying a cage but when she swung it in my direction I saw a gleam of caramel brown fur and Honey's scent hit me full blast.

I cursed and went back to the car, dropping off my things.

I went behind a dumpster and shifted quickly as the two climbed into their car.

When they pulled away I stayed in the woods on the far side of the road, watching.

'She can't stay in that form forever.' Leia said. 'Their turning.'

She was right.

They turned off of the main road onto a quieter, more secluded road.

We stepped onto the road slowly and the car swerved. But I stopped in the middle so they couldn't go around.

We slashed their tires and walked around to the little girl's window.

'She's cute.' Leia said.

She had big, almond-shaped eyes and pale skin. She pressed against the window, staring back at us.

The cage beside her started to shake and she opened it.

She watched Honey yapping at us through the window and opened the door.

"No! Stay away from her."Her Father was yelling. But he seemed unwilling to get out of the car. "Back away slowly Maria."

She reached out to touch our snout. "I'm sorry. I didn't know she was yours."

Leia licked her hand and she giggled. "It's ok. I want her to go home."

'We are most definitely having kids.' Leia purred as Maria stroked our fur.

Typical. Wolves are suckers for children. Any kind really.

If a wolf were to find a child lost in the woods their parental instincts would kick in and they would begin to treat the child as part of their pack. Caring for and feeding them.

The only problem is that werewolves are very possessive of the things they love. When it comes time to return a child we get emotional but we let them go.

Her Father watched in awe from the front seat.

I took back control from Leia and used my teeth to pick up Honey. 

"It's ok Daddy." Maria was saying. "You'd want me back wouldn't you? That's her Mommy. I told you she looked weird."

He didn't respond, instead pulling out his phone. "I've got to report this."

"Go away now. Before he makes someone come and collect you." She said, waving us away. "Hurry up."

We needed no further coaxing, turning and trotting back into the woods.

'You are in so much trouble.' Leia scolded Honey who whimpered in response.

We got home in record time.

I checked for Chance before shifting and getting my clothes out of the car.

I sat down Honey and got dressed. "From now on I'm making sure you take your medicine. Shift."

She did and started to cry.

"No. This is a no cry zone." I picked her up

I wrapped my jacket around her and hurried into the house.

'Oh goddess.' Leia said.

"Oh shit!" Violet said, covering herself. "Quinn?"

"House rules." I said, covering my eyes. "No sex outside of your room."

"I didn't think you'd be back so soon." She said. "Thanks though."

I glanced at River and he shook his head.

"It's ok." I said and dropped Samantha at the end of the couch. "I hope you guys don't always do this when I'm gone."

"You want tuna?" She asked. "For dinner?"

"No. I've got some errands to take care of." I said.

I made sure to change before leaving through the back door, telling them not to wait up.

"You're dressed nice for running errands." His voice said.

"Mind your business." I said.

He hit the ground in front of me. "I saw what happened earlier. Be a shame if someone was to report the poor, young pup."

"She didn't do anything." I said. "And she's a child younger than five. It's law."

"But sweetheart I'm the Alpha." He said. "I can do whatever I want despite the law."

"What do you want?" I asked.

He came closer, just two steps.

If I squinted hard enough I could see the almost invisible shield between us.

It was a goldish color and he was standing just in front of it.

"Nothing much." He said. "Just dinner."

"Ugh." I rolled my eyes.

"Are you refusing?" He asked.

"I'm showing my disgust."  I said. "Why?"

"I've missed you and we've go some things to discuss anyway." He said.

"Like what?" I asked.

"I'll meet you at nine tonight." He said. "Don't be late."

He turned and ran, gracefully flipping out of sight.

Leia cursed and said. 'I hope they've got steak.'

'Why?' I asked, pulling out my phone.

'Because it comes with a knife.'

*******

Haiiiii! Here's today's update but I'm trying to put out another one so give me a couple of hours.

As always, it's been digital (-:

Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋