Chapter 15

Quinn

"Our very first festival!" Violet squealed as we made our way to the school's courtyard.

"It's too early for you to be this hyper." I mumbled.

"I'm not hyper, I'm just excited." She said.

Though this would be me and Violet's first festival, River had been going to these things since he was nine, because the Alpha's family is required to attend.

And since Violet and River were mated already they're wolves would be given control the entire night.

There's no telling what mated wolves during festival but one of the pack warriors told us that once your wolf is given control you black out and don't remember anything the next day.

He and his wife had woken up, naked, side-by-side on a cliff.

I had stopped him there because that's none of my business.

I sipped my tea slowly, I never did like coffee.

"Quinn how can you of all people not be excited?" Violet asked. "You get to meet your mate later."

"Then I'll get excited later." I said, sipping again. "Until then, I'm still tired."

"That sounds like a you problem." She said. "Hey Amber!"

She gave Amber a side hug.

Then Amber and I just looked at each other awkwardly.

We both turned and walked in opposite directions.

"Another night owl? You've got to be kidding." I heard Violet mutter. "Quinn you have to slow down. I can only waddle so fast!"

After our classes were over we left campus for lunch.

"Are you feeling more energized now?" Violet asked.

I nodded, my mouth full of Spicy Tuna roll.

She rolled her eyes. "Hurry up so I can help you get ready."

'Hurry. They could start early this year.' Leia said. 'We don't want to be late.'

As if.

Festival always starts at exactly 7 o'clock pm.

I hurried and ate the rest of my food anyway.

After I showered and brushed my teeth Violet helped me into my dress.

"Try not to get too drunk." She was saying.

It takes a lot to get a werewolf drunk so only the best and strongest stuff is served at Festival.

An activity that we can do at festival is cliff-jumping.

It consists of the younger group of people getting rip-roaring drunk and jumping off of the highest cliff they can find.

It's so stupid and reckless that it's fun.

I helped Violet tie her hair back and she smiled. "River's excited!"

That's another thing.

After a wolf is mated and marked we can sense our mates emotions and they can sense ours.

Another gift the goddess gave us so that the harmony between two lovers wouldn't be disrupted.

There's a list longer than River's leg of all the gifts the goddess has blessed us with.

Literally.

We get to view it today at midnight.

And I say River's leg because he's really tall for a wolf.