Chapter 43

Chance

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown?" The old man whispered.

"I didn't come to you for quotes, I asked you a question." I said. "You'd do well to remember who you're talking to."

"Oh yes. The false Alpha." He said. "Remind me, when is your brother to come and visit again?"

"He always was your favorite." I rolled my eyes. "But enough about him. I was told you had information for me."

"Oh yes. Your short and meaningless rule will be cut short tragically."

"Why?"

"My niece. Poor Emia. She cursed that...what was her name?"

"Quinn." I murmured. "Meddlesome witch. What curse? Can we break it?"

"We? After how she was treated you're lucky I haven't cut your throat myself." He said.

"What curse? I won't ask again."

"The curse of pregnancy. What now grows inside her will be your downfall." He said. "If her mate doesn't get to you first."

"It'll have to die then." I scoffed. "Her family's disappeared. Find them and I'll bring you Emia's remains."

"Of course." He said. "I'll see you next month I suppose. If you're not already dead by then."

He laughed a maniacal laugh as the cave was sealed off again.

***********

Quinn

"What about this one?" I asked Everett.

"Quinn. Can you pick something already? I'm bored." He yawned.

After the five of us walked around for a bit, discussing Everett, River agreed to train him as best he could.

Our group split up into two when Violet had spotted a baby store and dragged River away.

So Everett and I wandered around for a bit before I made my way into Victoria's Secret.

"If only you'd actually look at me we could've been done ages ago." I rolled my eyes. "You're a terrible shopping partner."

He faked a snore, laughing at my expression. "I'm joking sweetheart. But my comments aren't polite for company."

"Ugh." I rolled my eyes and he got up, wrapping his arms around me. "You are so..."

"What?" He asked.

"Sex crazed." I said.

He sighed. "You should be glad."

"Why?" I said, smacking his hands away.

"Then you'd be spending money on unecessary stuff." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Alright. I'll change and we can go."

"Take your time." He said, looking over my head. "I'll be back in a second."

"Alright." I said and went back into my dressing room.

After I changed back into my clothes I went up to the check out.