Chapter 37

Quinn

Though I dragged my feet most of the way and was thirty minutes late he still greeted me with a witty smile. "Glad to see you made it."

He got up to pull out my chair and I sat in his chair.

He cleared his throat. "So how have you been?"

"Fine." I said.

A waiter came and sat down two cups of water. "Here's some water to start you off and someone will be with you in a minute."

He walked away and Chance tried once again to start a conversation. "Problem?"

"Several." I said.

"What? Do you not like the resturant?" He asked.

"No the resturants fine. It's you being here that's bothering me." I said.

"Reservation under Chambers." I heard from across the restaurant.

I looked up and put my head down as the same waiter began to lead a couple in our general direction, Everett trailing behind them.

I was waiting for him to see me when a white cloth blocked my line of sight. "Hi I'm Cindy. I'll be your waitress for today. Can I start you all off with an appetizer?"

I hadn't even bothered to check the menu.

"Do you serve shrimp?" Chance asked.

"We have a mini shrimp platter available as an entree." She said and I blocked out what they were saying.

His scent was unmistakable. This was a mistake, I shouldn't have come.

'Don't act suspicious.' Leia said. 'Keep your head low.'

"Quinn." Chance prompted.

I snapped out of it. "Uh."

'Orange Chicken' Leia filled in.

"Can I get the Orange Chicken." I asked with a smile.

"Of course." She began scribbling on her notepad. "Can I ask the occasion?"

"Casual." I said and Chance made a face.

"Oh. Well enjoy your time today and I'll be back with your food." She said and walked away.

"Shit." I said and looked away.

He had been looking directly at me the whole time and we'd made eye contact.

"So Quinn. Honey. I want to ask you to reconsider." Chance said. "This pack needs a Luna and I need a wife."

"They need an Alpha more than anything. The right one this time." I snapped back. "The pack is falling apart without someone to give out orders."

He ignored me. "For the wedding I want it to be under the light of this upcoming Blue Moon."

"You'll have to take a rain check. That day I'll be at home not marrying anybody." I said. "I won't marry you."

"Quinn be reasonable. Do you know how many single, younger women would kill to be in your spot." He asked.

"I remember one in particular but when she tried it, her blood splattered my walls."

He gripped my thigh harshly underneath the table as a tray was set inbetween us. "Here's your shrimp and there's your Orange Chicken. Enjoy!"

'Not a word or I'll slaughter everyone in the room.' Chance gave me a look.

"Thank you." I said through my teeth.

She sat down our silverware and walked away. "Good night."