31.

Elisha's guard brought her breakfast, Will was out on business for the day.

"So tomorrow night?" She asks.

"Yes, Will is attending some retirement function tomorrow night so that will be our chance. If by tomorrow at 9 pm your friends aren't here at 10:30 pm I will drop you off somewhere your friends can get you", he nods.

"Thanks, what's your name by the way?"

"Isaac."

"Nice name, I'm bored and I miss feeling the sun", she sighs.

"I am alone here of course watching you. Let's go out back for a walk, there's a small backyard", he unties her from the bed.

"Good", she stands up and he leads her out of that abandoned house to the back. The sun is out and Elisha hears vehicles pass on the main road a distance away since they are in the middle of nowhere.

She takes a deep breath,"I can get use to this air", she closes her eyes.

"Don't get to comfortable, we need to get back inside before 11 that's when some guys are coming", Issac reminds her.

"What's the time now?"

"Some minutes pass 10. I'll be leaving next hour or so, I got a schedule to call my kids at 11: 30 am every Tuesday and Thursday for ten minutes and on the weekends visit or video call for about an hour", he explains," when school opens it changes to 6:00 pm on the weekdays."

"Why don't they come spend a weekend here in Brooklyn?"

"Their mother doesn't want them to, not unless I am out and clean from anything that is gang related. Maybe next year though, I may not even take the position of boss when Will dies if I am too serious about them", Issac answers.

"Who will take over then?"

"Maybe third in command or the guy in charge of the weaponry department", he shrugs.

"But please if Will is caught by your friends at least let me live, don't send me to jail I was already in there once", he adds.

"Well you are planning my escape so its the least I can do for you", Elisha states.

****

Brendan sighs as he watches a picture of Annelise, she just posted a selfie of her in a bikini next to her pool.

"Just call her man", Zane states patting his shoulder. Ace is out with Draven trying to get a lead on where Elisha could possibly be.

"She wouldn't answer any of my calls or messages", he sighs logging off from Twitter.

"Keep trying, eventually she'll realize how much you miss her."

"I think it will make things worst, plus she hasn't cool off yet. I'll talk to her when I get back to Chicago and carry her on another trip with no distractions guaranteed", Brendan suggests.

"Whatever you want buddy, anyway I am heading out for lunch. Do you want to come?"

"Nah, I'll stay here in case we get any leads", he waves Zane off.

His phone rings a few minutes later from an unknown number.

"Hello Brendan", the voice chuckles.

"Who the f*ck is this?" He snaps.

"You don't recognize the voice? Wow such a shame and we been enemies for quite some time."

"Will you little f*cker. Where is Elisha?"

"She wouldn't be alive much longer, don't worry you'll get your girlfriend's body piece by piece", Will laughs.

"I'll kill you", Brendan threats.

"If you don't want her dead by morning, you better listen to what I am about to say."

"I'm listening, what's the deal?"

"This is why I like you Brendan, you know how to cut to the chase", Will comments.

"Get on with it!" He snaps.

"Your girlfriend will be free and unharmed if you turn yourself in to me and surrender everything", Will states.

"That's it? You're not going to kill me?"

He laughs,"not yet, your friends are the ones who will get a quick easy death of course."

"And Elisha will be set free, unharmed and will not be followed?" Brendan asks.

"I guarantee that she will not be harm in anyway and no one will follow her wherever she  chooses to go", Will promises.

"Where would you like to meet?"

"Not so fast, first I just want you, your second in command and the brothers to come alone. No cops, no outside help and no backup help or the girl's dead", Will says firmly.

"You will hand over all your weapons of course and do everything I ask once the girl is out of sight and not planning on coming back to interrupt."

"She wouldn't, anything else?" Brendan hisses.

"And all your bank account numbers, security passwords and whatnot. When we meet, I'll explain in more detail. Meet me at the bridge not far from the city tomorrow night at 11 pm, I got a function to attend to first", Will adds.

He hangs up and contacts his tech people.

"I want you to track down the number that just called me."

"The call was from a phone booth in the city sir, it's impossible to track down the person who made the call."

Brendan sighs, now what is he going to do? He promised Elisha that he will keep her safe.

__________

Elisha wakes up and watches out the window, the sky is dark. What time is it?

After Isaac left before lunch, he took her back to the room and tied her to the uncomfortable bed. The men who came after stayed in the stuffy, uncleaned living room playing cards all evening.

Will returned around 4 pm with Issac, who brought Elisha some leftovers of the dinner they had earlier. Most of the men had already left and Will fell asleep on the couch a while after.

Elisha yawns as she hears talking outside the door.

"So the girl is to be carry to be bridge at 11 pm tonight, right?"

"Yes that's what boss said", another voice confirms.

"What do you mean she has to go to the bridge?" A familiar voice ask joining the conversation.

"For second in command, you're very slow. Boss said he wants her there at 11 pm", a voice laughs.

Elisha stiffens at the confirmation. Issac didn't say anything else, he stays quiet.

"Okay, so what's the plan?" He asks afterwards.

"We'll have sight on everything from the buildings, any slip up and we shoot on sight. Get this, that stupid gang leader thinks we'll let the girl go after we kill his friends and carry him to get a painful death", they laugh expect Issac.

Elisha starts to panic, hope she can escape.

_____________________