04

Brendan laughs as his friends and him sit around his dining table having a light lunch.

"Remember that time when Malcolm tried to hit on that girl, but she slapped him and kneed him in the balls", Draven, Malcolm's older brother chuckles.

"Shut up I'll have you know, she did came back and apologize then we went back to my room", Malcolm smirks and did a fist bump with his brother.

"That's my bro, I trained you well my apprentice."

The door bell rings,"were you expecting someone?" Zane looks at Brendan.

"Not this hour, but then again my mother loves to show up unexpected hours", he gets up.

"What if its someone trying to kill you?" Draven asks.

"You really think a killer will be kind enough to ring the door bell?" Brendan laughs and he shrugs.

The door bell rings again,"someone's impatient", Zane says.

Brendan opens the door,"what do you-", he stops when the person hugs him, he looks down at the girl his age with brown blonde hair.

"I missed you Brendan", she says.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" Yes he had dated in the past, but sure she wasn't one of his ex.

"Seriously? You had memory lost after five years?" She looks up at him with a glare.

"Lisha?"

"The one and only", she smirks.

"What are doing here? Here in Chicago?" He frowns.

"About that.. Do you remember that promised you made?" She ask.

"The one where..."

"Yes didn't think I'll need it huh?" Elisha chuckles while he shakes his head.

"Me neither, cool house by the way."

"Something has to happen to let you come back here after five years right?" Brendan takes her luggage.

"Yes and I don't know how long it'll be till they track down my exact location", she sighs.

"They?" He frowns.

"Yes my cruel father, I'll tell you everything soon", she promises.

"Damn Brendan you didn't tell me your new girl was hot", Draven checks out Elisha.

"Elisha?" Zane gaps at her.

"Did you miss me King?" She smirks and Draven looks confuse.

"How do you know each other? Did you guys sleep together?," he ask knowing what kind of guy Zane is.

"What? No, she's the only female we considered into our little group since kindergarten", Zane explains.

"Oh yeah, Draven you met her once when you came to walk me home from the park back when I was in third grade", Malcolm reminds him.

"Oh yeah you were that girl who had two ponytails and snatched Brendan's snack from his hand", Draven laughs.

"I'm still a savage I'll have you know", Elisha winks.

"One question though, why are you here?" Zane questions.

"I need protection which this guy here", she pinches Brendan who yelps and glares at her,"promise to do."

"What makes you think he can protect you?" Malcolm inquires.

"I know he can, because he promised", she looks up at Brendan.