09.

Its been two weeks since Elisha arrived at Brendan's house, after what Zane told them what happened while they played volleyball, she wanted to help. Zack and Elisha barely went out, but video call and texted majority of the time, last Thursday he came over for a movie night.

Today is Monday and Zack's sister is arriving later, Malcolm promise to take Elisha with him to meet her later. 

She'll be staying at Zack's apartment for the summer.

In one month time it'll be Stephanie's wedding and Elisha is so excited, been a while since she went to one.

"Hey a café needs some more employees", Brendan places the newspaper in front of Elisha while she eats.

"Oh I remembered that café, we used to go there every Tuesday and Thursday back in middle and high school", Elisha says.

"Yeah and I'm sure you'll get hired since the owner will remember you also I kept my thirteenth birthday party there", Brendan states and she nods.

"I'll go after breakfast, do want to come with me?" She asks.

"I'll drop you off, but I can't stay I got some business to handle", he explains.

**

Elisha's outfit for the day is a high waist denim jeans and a elbow length V neck top with a pair of flats. She puts her brown blonde hair into a low pony tail and some lip gloss on her lips.

"You look nice, let's go", Brendan got his keys and they leave the house together,"do you have your license? Remember when both of us planned to get it the summer before senior year in high school?" He ask as they got into the vehicle.

"No I didn't get it because my father thought it was to dangerous for me since people were targeting him when we moved, but I knew that was a lie because no one in their right mind would dare target or threaten him", Elisha scoffs.

"Want to get it before the summer is over? I can teach you the basics then you take the test", Brendan offers.

"You would do that for me?" She gasps and he nods,"thank you, you're my best friend forever."

"I thought Zack was your best friend", he teases.

"Oh hush, you know you're my only best friend, we been friends for over fifteen years."

"Surprisingly we didn't fall for each other, fifteen years is a lot", Brendan points out.

"You're telling me."

Brendan drops off Elisha in front of the café then drives off, he calls Zane,"send two of my men to keep watch over Elisha, she's applying for a job and Jett's gang will probably target her soon."

"A job? Are you sure that's safe for her giving the circumstances?"

"Well she's been inside all day for two weeks straight, I for sure would of gone crazy doing nothing all day", Brendan points out.

"Okay I'll call two persons", Zach hangs up.

----

"Hey I saw you are looking for new employees", Elisha approaches the cashier.

The cashier smiles, Elisha reads the name tag Evan. He got chocolate brown hair and emerald eyes.

"Hey", he says showing his left dimple which Elisha swoons mentally at.

"Is your boss there?"

"She's in the office, want me to go call her?"

Elisha nods.