25.

"Hey which room are you staying in?" Malcolm asks a drunk Elisha who is half asleep.

"Take me home with you, my bag suppose to be in the lobby  Maria told me", she slurps. 

He lifts her up as he enters the quiet lobby, Brendan left a while ago saying he didn't feel well and Annelise told him she was spending the night at the hotel.

"I'll drop you off at my cousin's place, that's where your stuff are", he explains.

"Yes Kacy, she went on a date. I hope she gets some", Elisha giggles and Malcolm shakes his head. He gets her bag and places her in the backseat of his vehicle.

30 minutes later

They arrive at  Zack's apartment, he knocks on the door wile Elisha sleeps in his arms. Kacy wearing a towel opens the door, "oh hey Malcolm, I see you got your hands fill there", she takes the bag and he carries Elisha to Zack's room, placing her on the bed and taking off her shoes.

"Make sure to place a glass of water on the table next to the bed in the morning, she'll have one bad hangover", he says to Kacy as he place the aspirin on the table next to the lamp,"and use protection", he adds and leaves.

Kacy returns back to her room where her date is waiting, "ready for round two?"

"Of course", she locks her door.

*

Brendan sits on his bed with the letter, how could she do this to him?

The letter reads.

Dear Brendan,

The reason you're reading this is because I couldn't stand the guilt that is eating me away anymore. I lied Bren, I'm so sorry for that, I lied about everything. I couldn't tell you the truth because it would have broken you more than the lie I told you last year about me cheating and being pregnant for another guy.

The truth is my parents didn't want me to be with you anymore since I almost got shot once and ended up in hospital as well. It's not your fault when that happened, I followed you when you told me not to and ended up with a break arm since Malcolm pushed me from getting killed instead. I tried to explain that to them, but they wouldn't listen, then a few weeks before we broke up I found out I was pregnant.

I told my mother and she told my stubborn father (biggest mistake), they told me if I didn't end things with you they would runt out your gang and you all would of go to jail for life. I couldn't let that happen, you understand that don't you? So I came up with a lie and told you I  was pregnant for another guy and my parents sent me to another country away from you. They didn't want their grandchild to grow up around drugs, guns and gangs, they wanted him/ her safe away from you.

I'm truly sorry I didn't tell you the truth, that day I left was the most painful day of my life. I wanted to call you a lot of times and I tell you the truth, but I know you wouldn't believe me anyway. I named our daughter Lillian Brenda Jonas, yes her middle name is almost close to yours so I can always remember you.

I'm going to cut off all ties with my parents if they don't accept that I want you in Lillian's life. I don't want her growing up without a father, if you accept here's my address , I live in Brooklyn. I know you'll need time to think about it and process all this, I hope you understand why I did it and forgive me as well.

This isn't goodbye and here's a photo of Lillian when she first opened her eyes.

Brendan stares at a pair of familiar gray eyes, his daughter had his eyes and nose.