10.

Brendan picks Elisha up at 9 pm after he comes from his mother's house, they spent the evening together and catch up. Brendan's father been trying to contact him, but he been ignoring it.

"I'm going away for a few days Lisha", Brendan says when they get to his house.

"Okay so will I be staying here alone?" She asks.

"No I called Zane, he'll be coming over tomorrow", he replies.

"Cool just bring back a souvenir", she grins.

"Will do", he unlocks the front door, she goes upstairs while he locks the door then sighs.

"What's wrong?" Elisha comes back downstairs.

"My father been trying to contact me, but I don't want to talk to him", he replies.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't know what to say", Brendan shrugs.

"Lame excuse, call him. It can be important for all we know", Elisha states.

"Fine, but if it doesn't go well don't blame me", he warns.

"I wouldn't, anyway I'm going to bed now", she walks back up the stairs.

Brendan dials the number he thought he would never call,

"Brendan?"

"Hey dad, I know we need to talk."

"Yeah we do."

Brendan enters Elisha's room thirty minutes later, "thanks Lisha", he kisses her forehead and then turns off the light.

----

Elisha wakes up the next day and checks the time, 7: 15 am. The café opens at 8 am sharp, she gets ready then puts on her outfit for the day.

She went downstairs and to the kitchen where Brendan is making breakfast.

"Morning, Malcolm is coming to pick you up soon", he says as she watches the time, 7:35 am.

He places a plate with waffles and bacon along with a glass of milk in front of her as she sits down.

"Thanks so what time is your flight?"

"1:30 pm, Zach will pick you up when you finish work this evening", Brendan explains.

She nods as Malcolm enters the house,"morning guys, ready Elisha?"

"A few more minutes, just have to finish eat and get my purse", she answers.

"Draven is going with you?" Malcolm turns to Brendan.

"Yeah, I trust Zach more to make sure Lisha stays safe till I get back", he shrugs.

"Cool, let's go Elisha. Kacy is already by the café", they leave.

"I'll call you tonight when I meet in my hotel room Lisha", Brendan calls.

"Just take your time Brendan", she chuckles.

When Malcolm pulls up in front of the café, Kacy is already there texting on her phone.

"See you later Malcolm", Elisha gets out the vehicle and Malcolm drives off.

"Finally, I thought you wasn't coming", Kacy exaggerates.

"Its not even open yet", she points out as Evan now unlocking the door and flipping the sign to Open.

"Morning Elisha, see you brought company", Evan watches Kacy who shamelessly checks him out.