Part 39

Sunday
3:20pm
Looking out the window at the set up that had been made, I couldn't help but get a little sentimental.Today was the day, the day I didn't know I craved so much for and everything looked perfect. The sun was out but not scorching with a warm breeze accompanying it...everything was just perfect. And I had to give it to Federica and the wedding planner, they had really done an amazing job considering the fact that I had only told them the kind of wedding I had in mind and some other details completely off head and they had been able to pull it all together in just four days.

My hand unconciously went to the emerald ring on my finger to caress it, with thoughts of the one who had placed it there. All this felt surreal and I was still getting used to having a huge ring on my finger. It was such a beautiful ring and I was so in love with it and I had been moved when Yale had told me who the ring had belonged to. It was such an honour for me that he had seen me worthy enough to wear his mother's ring.

The daze I was in was broken by the knock at the door which made me straighten up and turn my attention to that direction. My mother peeked her head in with a smile before fully entering the room. Just like me she was also in a white rode with only her hair and makeup done. I had been so overjoyed when I had seen her and was glad she had been there to witness it all. I returned the smile making my way from the window to meet her half way. Tears were already in her eyes as she opened her arms to admit me into a hug.

"Ohh God, I promised myself I wasn't going to cry but I just can't help it." She croaked out as she hugged me close.

"You going to make me cry too mum."

"I'm sorry sweetheart." She let go of me to hold my hands.

"I'm just so happy and sad at the same time it's overwhelming. I mean here we are with one of my babies getting married whiles the other apparently hates me now." She choked put on a sob letting go of my hand.

The situation between my mother and my brother was getting worse by the day and it worried me. I still didn't know what it was but enough was enough, no way was I going to have my mother and my brother like this on my wedding day....no way. Taking hold of my mother's hand, I lead her to the chair in the room so she could sit before heading towards the door.

"I'll be right back mum." I threw over my shoulder not waiting for her response.

This was going to end today....what ever squam was going on between them was so coming to an end today. I mentally mumbled to myself as I made my way down the corridor to the room he was using. Not bothering to knock I burst into the room with a scowl on my face. Judo who was fixing his tie stopped to look at me with raised eyebrows.

"Are you not suppose to be getting dressed or squealing over your dress with the rest of the ladies or something?" He asked continuing with his task and I had to control myself not to smack him in the head.

"You are going to tell me what the fu*k is wrong with you and your recent behaviour towards mum....and you better not lie to me." I snarled out taking an intimidating step towards him.

Judo took a step back apparently scared and shocked at my behaviour but hid it quickly.

"It's nothing." He shrugged his shoulders averting his gaze from mine.

"Yeah right....you better start speaking or else I am not getting married today and it's all going to be your fault." I threatened hoping it would get him talking.

"You bluffing." He scoffed rolling his eyes at me.

"Try me. And let's see what you will tell your precious little niece when she finds out you are the reason why her mummy and
daddy are not getting married today." I folded my arms across my chest with a dead serious look on my face.