Part 32

Yale P.o.V
I silently sat in the confines of my office with different emotions running through me as I watched the video of Santa Faye giving birth to Winter for the fifth time. I just couldn't get enough of it and each time, the beauty of it all was enthralling. Pausing the video, I brought my hands to the screen of the laptop to trace her tear stricken face, feeling something within me break for putting her through all that and for not being by her side but at the same time grateful for her strength and endurance.

She was such a beautiful and strong soul and now I wanted her for myself more than anything in the world. To forgive me after everything and to go as far as to share this very personal part of her life with me was very gratifying. Retracting my hand from the screen I brought it to my chest as I felt my heart skip a beat before being filled with an overwhelming sensation that I couldn't grasp, I had never felt this way before... what was happening to me. I wondered as I rubbed my hand over my chest, deep in thought.

Letting out a breath I pushed that feeling beside and resumed the video. It was the only video I had watched so far out of the other ones on the drive. The file with the title WINTER'S BIRTH had immediately caught my eye when I first opened the file and had intrigued me very much. And my favourite part was when the doctor pulled out Winter from underneath Santa Faye.But the look that had graced her face when Winter had been placed in her arms was the best of it all.

Smiling to myself, I wiped at the tears that were underneath my eyes. This was enough to make someone like me cry and I wasn't ashamed of it. I really was thankful to her for letting me have this experience.

That overwhelming sensation returned, filling my heart and intensifying the adoration I had for her. Closing the file I went on to the other one which was titled "My Last Trimester." What the hell was a trimester? I thought to myself as I opened the file and waited for it to load. The first thing that filled the screen was the huge baby bump of a very pregnant Santa Faye standing in front of a mirror in a tank top rolled up her bump and shorts. She was smiling sweetly as she tenderly run her hand over her stomach with her scars and stretch marks very prominent on it.

"Hi my love.' I watched as she cooed and smiled to her stomach still rubbing on it.

'I can't wait to meet you. Everyone can't wait, your grandma,your uncle Ju and your Aunt Holly. Even though you weren't planned I'm so glad you happened.' Her tone dropped with a saddening look covering her face.

It quickly went away with a smile gracing her face once more.

'Mommy loves you so much.' She finished off with Winter kicking in her stomach making her laugh out in delight.

I couldn't help but also laugh out from behind the screen with tears blurring my vision. This was too much, I couldn't keep watching, my emotions were all over the place and if I continued I was going to end up a mess. Shutting the mac book, I pushed it aside grabbing hold of the other contents of the box. It was a scrapbook with Winter Rae written on it with cartoon characters all over it. I lightly traced my fingers on the name reminding myself to ask her the reason for the name Winter. Don't get me wrong I loved the name but I was curious. Did her family just love weird beautiful names or what. Santa Faye, Judo, Winter Rae?

Ruefully smiling to myself I opened the book to see a baby picture of Winter wrapped in a peach blanket with a little bow in her hair and it was the most cutest thing I had ever seen. And I couldn't believe I had made that, such a perfect human being. I flipped the page over to see more adorable pictures of her with the time and week each was taken boldly written at each side of it. I lovingly glanced at each picture from when she was just one week old to when she was eight weeks old.

A knock sounding at the door interuputed me making me snap my head to it. Before I could tell whoever it was to come in, Santa Faye peeked her head inside with an apologetic look on her face.