Part 26

It was half past eleven in the morning when I finally set down the blanket I was knitting, yes I did knit when I was too stressed out or when I got too anxious. It had become sort of my therapy. Thankfully, my mom had been so kind to drop off Winter at school today and had also not bug me as to why I had been unpleasant to "kind Mr Adkins" and why I had stayed home today.....well she had bugged me a little. I was in no state of mind to work or be productive, all I wanted was not be around people right now.

And to be honest I had stayed home because I thought Yale would come around and we needed to talk about certain things, I had questions of my own I needed answers to. But judging by the time, it was clear he wasn't going to show, maybe the thought of having a daughter had scared him away. And I was really hoping it had.

Massaging my temples, I took off my glasses, still in shock from yesterday. I could clearly remember how he had stared at Winter with disbelief and wonder. And I couldn't get over what he had said either, about being infertile, that had kept me up through the night. All this was so confusing and I was beginning to get a headache from thinking about it so much.

"Seriously, you knitting, again. Are you going through some sort of "old lady" phase or what?" My brothers voice came out of no where to startle me.

Letting out a shriek, I got to my feet, with my hand over my racing heart. He had almost given me a heart attack. Where the hell had he even come from? I had thought I was the only one at home, apparently I had been wrong.

"Don't ever creep up on me like that." I turned to scold him with a frown on face.

"Creep up on you? I have been standing here for like a minute but you were too zone out to notice my presence. Why are you even home, aren't you suppose to be at work?" He questioned running a hand through his messy hair.

"Aren't you also suppose to be doing something useful with your life?" I threw back at him making my way to the kitchen with him not far behind.

"Well I will make my life useful if you make yourself useful and make me something to eat. I'm starving." He said as he made his way towards the cabinet to get out a bag of chips and come sit on the kitchen stool in front of me.

He had been acting pretty weird ever since he got back and I knew he was hiding something from me. He'd been out since the whole of yesterday and had also disappeared from the gala the last time, something was definitely going on with him but I wasn't going to probe him, we all had our secrets and burdens we carried all by ourselves.

"You know I'm always here if you ever want to talk." I said as a way of telling him I knew something was up.

"Yeah I know. Now can you make me something to eat before I drop dead." He threw a chip at me shaking his head.

"Anything for my Juju." I laughed out, getting ingredients for pancakes and scrambled eggs out of the fridge.

The door bell rang just when I was about to break the eggs, making my heart skip a beat, could it beYale? Had he finally come? No, it couldn't be him. Judo and I exchanged glances for a minute before he went on to ask.

"Are you expecting someone?" He set the bag of chips down.

"Ahhh no, are you?" I asked back feeling  nervous yet again.

"Nope." He shook his head still looking at me.

I set the bowl down so I could go get the door but Judo stopped me before I could take a step.

"Keep cooking woman, I'll get it." He got down from where he sat and made his way out of the kitchen bare chest and in his sweatpants.

Please God, don't let it be Yale, I thought I was ready to face him again but I'm not. I said a quick prayer towards the heavens, resuming what I was doing. My hands shaking made me stop.
'Calm down Faye' I mentally said to myself linking both my hands together to stop them from shaking.