Part 22

Four Years Later.
I sat on the window sill of my office staring blankly out the window at the sky, with my thoughts a million miles away. Today marked exactly three years my life had drastically changed and I couldn't help the memories that were floating through my mind and the emotions that were going through me.

All those nights I had cried myself to sleep and the countless time I had almost sunk into depression all seemed like a lifetime ago. I had been through a lot during those years but I had also achieved so much and I was so proud of the confident, bold outstanding person I had become. And it was amazing how someone can change your outlook on life.

Smiling to myself, I left the window to take a seat at my desk and stare at the picture of my daughter, Winter Rae Wilson. I picked it up to trace my hand on it admiring just how perfect my little sunshine was. From her curly caramel hair to her cute button nose to her chubby dimpled checks and those eyes, those big hazel orbs of hers that were so much like her father's.

A feeling of sadness settled over me as I stared into them, remembering the same pair of eyes from three years ago, they were a constant reminder of him and everything I had been through. I placed the picture back to where it belonged pushing unwanted thoughts away to focus on my work.

Just as I was about to flip a page of the manuscript I was reading, I heard a knock making me snap my head towards the door. My assistant slash best friend, Holly, peeked her head through with a smile on her face as always.

We had meet when I had first started working here as a junior proofreader and had bonded instantly. She had helped me overcome so much and had been there through my pregnancy, supporting me and just being there for me.

"Please do not tell me you are thinking about it, again." She uttered from the door rolling her eyes at me.

"I can't help it Holly." I admitted to her taking off my glasses.

"You want to talk about it?" She asked as she entered with her planner in hand heading towards where I was. Even though she was tough and sassy and dramatic she was always down to lend a listening ear and I loved that about her.

"I'm fine Holly." I lied masking it up with a smile.

"Alright then, get your ass up, you have a meeting in three minutes." She pointed out to me jotting a few things down inside the planner.

"Ohh crap!" I bolted from the chair picking up the things I needed for the meeting. I had totally forgotten about it thinking about unnecessary stuff.

"You'd be so lost without me here." She teased with a smirk plastered on her face.

"I know Holly, I know. Do I look okay." I asked her smoothing the winkles off my pencil skirt.

"Do you even have to ask." She sassily threw at me getting up from where she sat. I had changed a lot both physically and emotionally, the physical being that I had lost a little bit of weight and I now paid more attention to how I looked.

"Ohh good." I said as I made my way to the door leaving her alone in my office.

I stepped out into the corridor with other employees going about their work with a few acknowledging my presence as I passed by. Thankfully the meeting room was on the same floor as my office and just down the corridor so it didn't take me much time to reach there.

The rest of the team were already seated and talking among themselves but stopped the moment I entered.

"Shall we start." I said as I made my way to take a seat, setting my stuff on the table.