Part 37

That was one horrible crazy dream I had just had....I thought to myself as I slowly opened my eyes to adjust to the bright room I was in. I had never had such a messy horrifying dream before and I was glad it was just a dream, Yale couldn't have been shot by Lillian, that was impossible. But wait....where was I? This wasn't my room, this was someone's office, what was I doing here. Mind in a haze, I abruptly sat up confused as I looked around the impeccably organised office. I got up from the couch I was in only to realize I was still in my black dress and my hands...my hands were stained....with blood?

Holding my hands up, I studied them, trying to recollect what had happened and where I was. And that's when it hit me, memories of all that had happened rushed back to me full force making me sink down to the floor with fresh tears streaming down my face. It hadn't been a dream, it was all real. Yale had been shot by Lillian and he was in the hospital fighting for his life...and it was all my fault. I remembered everything now, even me fainting.

I was so wrapped up in my sorrow I didn't hear the door to the room opening or anyone entering until I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder. My tear stained face went up only to find Ave kneeling by my side with a tissue in her hand.

"How is he now? Has he woken up yet? Is everything alright now?" I asked in one breath hoping to hear some good news.

"He's still same. It's only been an hour now since he was brought out of the operating room." She said checking the watch on her hand.

"This is all my fault Ave. It should have been me and not him. Why did he have to put himself in danger because of me?" A fresh set of tears fell as I recalled his pushing me out of the way.

"He will be fine. Everything will be fine?" She encouraged, bringing me in for a hug which I very much needed.

"What if he doesn't make it? I don't want him to die Ave. Winter just got his dad...she can't loose him like that. An...an...and I haven't told him yet." I freed myself from her embrace to look at her.

"Haven't told him what yet?" Ave asked, confused.

"That I love him and that I...I...I....might be pregnant again." I confessed to her averting her gaze to look down at my stained hands.

Yes, I knew it was too soon to tell but I had a feeling I was pregnant again. I had forgotten all about getting another pill to take since I had lost the first one and with Mr Dante dying and all it had totally escaped me.

"I know we are not close and all but I know my cousin and he wouldn't want to see you like this....sobbing your eyes out and blaming yourself. It was his choice to risk his life for yours because he knew you wouldn't survive it was you but he will. So get up Santa Faye, get yourself together and stay strong...for Yale, for your daughter." She finished off her speech and got to her feet extending her hand to me.

Still on my knees, I stared at her outstretched hand thinking about what she had just said. She was right, I had to stay strong for Yale, for our daughter and I had to think positive. He was going to pull through, he was going to be fine and he was going to wake up soon, I hopefully thought to myself wiping my face with the back of my hand before reaching out to take her hand.

"You should probably clean up too." She commented holding my wrist instead of my hand to help me up.I solemnly nodded my head as I got to my feet.

"I guess I should find a washroom then."

"No need. You can use mine. It's over there." She pointed over to the door at the other side of the room.

"And it might be too soon to tell if you are pregnant. Why don't you take a test after a few days to confirm it."