Part 11

Dedicated to @adenisetumblin ☺️

Quickly dressing up in blue tunic dress and tying my hair in a messy bun, I grabbed my phone and left the room in a haste. I didn't even check myself in the mirror to see if I looked okay, all I wanted was to leave the room before Yale came searching for me. My body still felt tingly and my legs were still a bit wobbly, so was my mind. Adjusting my glasses, I turned on my phone to check my messages and what greeted me made me stop in my tracks.

Twenty-five freaking missed calls and thirteen messages, all from my mother. I had totally forgotten to call her or even text her since I left home, I hadn't told her about this whole situation because I knew how she would freak out. She was definitely going to give me an earful of how worried she was and what not. It sometimes really bothered me that she still treated me like a kid and was constantly checking up on me but I knew she did that because she was worried and scared I might regress back to my dark days.

Letting out a sigh, I dialed her number and brought the phone to my ear. It rang for a little while before she picked up.

"Ohh God, Faye are you okay? Did something happen to you? Wait, why are you calling at 3:45 in the morning.? And why haven't you been  picking up my calls? Please tell me you are okay?" My mother's worried voice filtered through the phone.

I had totally forgotten about the time difference or the fact that I was in the middle of nowhere.

"I'm okay mum." Was all I could say.

"Thank goodness. Now tell me, why are you calling me at 3:46 in the morning? Does my beauty sleep mean nothing to you?" She vainly questioned.

"Ummm that's because I'm in Italy. And please do not freak out because I didn't tell you. It was sudden and it's work related that's why. I'm so sorry for not telling you sooner mum." I blurted out in one breath, trying to explain myself to her.

"Right now, I don't really care honey, you are fine and alive, that's what matters. I'm going back to sleep." My mum ended the call after she finished talking, not allowing me to say goodbye.

That went well, I thought to myself before continuing downstairs. I had expected some yelling and scolding, not for her to be cool and unquestioning. She hadn't  even asked what work it was and who I was there with, maybe I should call her at dawn more regularly when in dire situations.

I got downstairs only to be greeted with silence, the house was very quite and calm. No kids running around or voices of adults speaking in Italian. Where had everyone gone to.? I went to the dinning room first to check for any human presence but nothing, I proceeded to the adjoining kitchen and still nothing. Where was everyone? I thought to myself for a moment before shrugging my shoulders.

"Ohh well, might as well find something to eat." I said to the empty room.

Looking around for a bowl, I found one in a cabinet before grabbing cereals from the counter and milk from the fridge, it wasn't what I wanted to have as breakfast but it was going to do for now. I sat down at the round table at the corner of the room and went on ahead to eat my breakfast by myself and in peace.

Getting up with the now empty bowl in my hand, I hurriedly made my way to the sink to wash it. Since there was no one around, I was going to use this opportunity to explore the house and its surroundings and also try my best not to be alone with Yale. I finished with what I was doing and lazily dried my hand. So far, there was still no sign of anyone being around especially Yale......he must be taking one long long shower, I mentally thought to myself.

I barely made it out of the kitchen before a pair of warm hands grabbed unto my waist from behind, making me squeal out in fear. The familiar masculine scent of Yale calmed my racing heart down. And here I thought I was going to succeed in escaping him. He pulled me against his hard chest before sniffing my hair, which was really weird.