Part 8

Warning: if you self harm yourself and you are easily triggered please do not read this chapter. It doesn't contain any explicit and gory scene though.....but just in case.

Yale's P.o.V
It was true what they said, anger does make one do stupid things but for me seeing the look on both their faces especially Lillian's had been worth it. Seeing them so happy together after everything they had put me through had made my blood boil and I hadn't really thought through what I did. I knew I had used Santa Faye to achieve my goal of pissing them off but that was part of the purpose of her being here.

The moment my lips had touched hers, I knew I had screwed up big time, she had just stood there unresponsive with her eyes opened until I caressed her face. My mind kept thinking 'what if this was her first kiss.?' Was that why she didn't respond at first. Because earlier today she had closed her eyes thinking I was going to kiss her. It couldn't be her first kiss......right? .Her lips had tasted like home and it felt so right. I didn't know if it was because it's been ages since I kissed anyone.

My eyes automatically searched around for her hoping to find her with my niece and nephews but she wasn't with them and Rico too was missing. Getting up from where I sat I made my way to the sleepy kids who were huddled together.

"Mar dov 'è(where's) Santa Faye e(and) Rico?" I asked Maria who could barely keep her eyes open.

"Playing hide and seek, she found us except Rico." She groggily said.

"Which direction did she head Mar?"

"I don't know but Rico said he was going to hide in the pool."

"Hide in the pool?" I said to myself baffled and in alarm.

Bianca looked up at me with the same alarm in her eyes before getting to her feet.

"Tell the others, I'm heading there now." I told her before limping my way in the direction of where the pool was. My heart was thudding loudly in my chest from fear that something might have happened to my nephew, he was just five and didn't know how to swim well.

I got to where the pool was in advanced time despite the fact that I couldn't move fast enough. My eyes immediately found Rico in a float swimming to the edge and I let out a breath of relief. But something else caught my attention, in the deep end of the pool was Santa Faye sinking to the bottom of the it. I stood there for a moment wondering what the hell she was up to and why she wasn't coming up for air.

Making my way to where Rico was, I helped him out of the pool and wrapped a towel around him with my eyes still on her.

"Uncle Yale, drowning" he said to me.

"Yes you could have drowned, you shouldn't have come here unsupervised." I scolded him as checked if he was okay,

"Drowning" he pointed out to where she was with a sad look on his face.

It took me a second before realization hit me......she wasn't just under the water, she was actually drowning. I panicked for a moment before I dived into the pool still fully clothed and not thinking about my leg. With every action I felt the ache in my leg build up but ignored it.

I reached her flaccid body just in time before it fully hit the bottom of the pool. Wrapping my arms securely around her, I brought my lips to hers to breathe into her mouth before coming up with her.

"Dio mio, quello che è successo?!"(oh God, what happened?) I heard someone say out loud.

Nate jumped into the pool and made his way to help me out but came to a stop.