Part 20

Yale's P.o.V
"Take care of it before I return David. I don't pay you to screw things around." I ordered out to my senior executive who I had left in charge before cutting the call. I had only be gone for four days and already things were a mess back at the company, these people were very incompetent sometimes.

Two major advertising campaigns had been lost and the company I was trying to acquire had suddenly changed its mind not to sell anymore. I knew coming here had been a bad idea but it was needed to achieve my goal. Running a hand over my face I checked the time on my phone and realized I had been talking for the past fifteen minutes, which also meant I had left Santa Faye all alone for a long while.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, I made my way back from the quite place I was to the party, pushing all thoughts of work out of my mind and only focusing on one person, Santa Faye. All through the day away from her, I hadn't been able to keep my thoughts together, and I sure as hell didn't know why I always felt at peace around her. And seeing her earlier this evening all dressed up and made up had sent my heart into a frenzy.

I had been thinking about this crazy idea that had sprung into my mind recently about making this whole pretend thing real. Don't get me wrong, I didn't love her or have any strong feelings towards her but I did kind of like her and I enjoyed both her company and her body. Maybe we could live together and she could be mine till whatever this was ran it course.

Yes, that could work, it was the perfect plan, this way no one was going to get hurt and I was going to make sure she didn't get attached. Plus she really was a beauty, not the one you instantly recognize, she was what you called a "diamond in the rough".

A small smile formed on my lips as I  picked up my steps, wanting to get back to her as fast I could to tell her  what I had in mind. I returned to the bustling party with people dancing and having fun, it still surprised me the locals didnt get tired of coming all the way here each year for the party. Well it was for them anyways.

Glancing through the crowd I sort after the face of Santa Faye hoping to see her around but she was no where in sight. Where could she have gone? I thought to myself as I started moving around in hopes to see her only to receive warm greetings and smiles from the locals whom I knew.

"Are you looking for Santa Faye." I heard someone say with a tap on my shoulder from behind after a minute of looking and I knew exactly who it was.

I stopped for a moment, before proceeding ahead, ignoring her. My evening was going great so far, minus the call I had received not long ago, I didn't need a vile presence to spoil it further.

"Yale, please, can you just hear me out for a moment." She pleaded still following me.

What at all was her problem and what did she want from me? After everything she put me through and after all this while, she now had something to say to me, was she freaking serious right now? I clenched my fist as painful memories of her betrayal flooded through my mind, making anger surge through me.

"Yale, please." She cried out grabbing hold of my hand.

And that was the last straw for me, I stopped in my tracks and yanked her filthy hands off me before turning to face her with rage clearly itched on my face.

"What the hell do you want from me Lillian?" I furiously bellowed out, drawing the attention of people around to us.

She gasped out with hurt in her eyes and sadness marred on her face, I had to  hand it to her, she really knew how to act innocent.