Part 4

Yale's P.o.V
The headache that was building up was killing me more than the persistent throbbing I was feeling in my left leg. Darn fracture still wasn't healed properly but I was glad I didn't need that damn wheelchair anymore. I closed my eyes and memories of old came reeling back, I let out a frustrated sigh as I reigned in all the rage and anger I had been bottling up for the past ten months. It was going to be a miracle surviving one week with my family in Anacapri and what killed me most was that those two treacherous people were going to be there.

If not for the fact that I had to convince my grandfather I was not only committed to work but can also commit to having a family, I would have rather not go. As he always said, in business, people who are family oriented are considered trustworthy. And it was the only way he was going to fully hand over all Adkins-Benenati holdings over to me. Adkins was my mother's family name and when she married my father they merged their holdings together.

They had died when I was just one in a plane crash leaving me in the care of my grandfather and also as the only heir to both Adkins and Benenati inheritance.

And this coming week was going to be perfect to convince my grandfather I had moved past whatever that had happen months ago and I was very committed, both business and family wise.

Unconsciously, my hand flew to the scar on my upper left thigh to rub on it hoping the throbbing pain would ebb away. I checked my watch wondering why Ben still wasn't back with her yet, it was 10:15am and I had told the pilot we'd be there at exactly one.

Santa Faye Wilson.......that girl....that girl was a disaster waiting to happen. I hoped beyond anything she could pull this off, I could have hired or gotten anyone to be my pretend fiancée but she fitted the caliber well. My grandfather had a soft spot for people like her.......emotional, naive, plain, soft spoken, not your average type of woman. And judging from her meekness and sillinessness she was exactly what I needed.

She wasn't much to look at and was too curvy and "full"' but there was something about her and I knew more laid beneath the glasses and freckles and outer appearance but who cared......definitely not me. I smiled to myself as I recalled the time she fell revealing her spongebob panties, that was the first time I had been truly been amused in a long time. What matured person even wore panties with cartoon characters on them?

The buzzing of my phone brought my mind back to the present, I grabbed it from the bedside table to first check the caller ID. It was Ben calling me, again, he was my chauffeur and personal helper who had been with me since I could remember. I had sent him to go pick her up since morning, we were suppose to fly to AnaCapri and everything had already been arranged. All that was needed was her.

"What is it Ben?" I answered, speaking into the phone.

Ben had called earlier to tell me she wasn't around and I had told him to stay put and not to return without her.

"Sir, she said she doesn't want to do whatever this is anymore and would rather prefer being fired and will pay back for the damage she caused." Ben informed me from the other side of the line.

My fingers tightened around the phone.
"Stay put Ben, I will be there shortly." I replied back to him before ending the call.

What was happening......I was definitely not expecting this. How can she just change her mind. I know I was imposing my will on her and I sure as hell didn't expect her to be brave enough to oppose me. I had chosen her because she was amicable.....or so I had thought. Furiously, I made my way out of the room and called on one of the guys to drive me to her apartment location.