Part 3

Nervously pushing my glasses back, I stood up from where I knelt and cast my eyes downwards but I could still feel his gaze on me, which was freaking uncomfortable. I raised my head just a little bit to steal a glance at him and my...my.....my was he eye candy.

He had dark hair which was neatly groomed together with his three day stubble, bushy brows, mesmerizing hazel eyes framed by long lashes, a straight noise, thin lips and a chiseled jawline. He was devilishly handsome, the most beautiful man I had ever seen, it was as if God himself had taken precious time to mould him. I felt my heart skip a beat when I mistakenly made eye contact with him again.

"Save it Miss Wilson. Whatever apology you have, keep it. Just look at yourself.......dumb, irresponsible and incompetent. You walk around as if you deserve to be here, but you don't fit in here." He venomously spat out even before I could get the word "I'm sorry" out.

Each word that was thrown my way hit me hard, I had heard them from judgmental people all my life but never been called all those at once. I blinked, trying to hold back the tears but the damaged had already been done. I quickly averted his gaze and bowed my head, too ashamed to even look at him. He was right though, I didn't fit in here, I didn't fit in anywhere.

"I..I..I..I..I am....." I stuttered trying to still get the words of apology out but couldn't. This was how I get whenever I was nervous, scared or perturbed.

"You can't even talk without stuttering." He added.

My head snapped up but he had his back turned to me and was already making his way to sit down, and that was then I noticed him favoring his left leg and also holding a walking cane. What had happen to him?? I wondered.

I bent down again to pick up the pieces with tears on the verge of falling. Screw yesterday, today was the worst day of my life, I felt like crap, like I wasn't worth anything.

"Leave it." He ordered from where he sat behind his desk not even looking my way.

Wiping at my eyes, I got up from where I was and made an attempt to leave.

"And where do you think you are going?? I didn't ask you to leave." That stopped me right in my tracks.

"Sorry sir." I meekly croaked out and moved my unwilling feet to stand in front of his desk.

He sat high and mighty like a king on his throne, assessing and taking me in like a predator does a prey. This went on for what seemed like forever which was fueling my anxiety. What was he waiting for.......I knew he was going to fire me, why couldn't he just say those words I was dreading to hear instead of scrutinizing me.

"Meek......obedient.....naive....plain....emotional....docile....I guess she will do." I heard him utter to himself and I was lost as to what he meant by that.

He reached inside on of the drawers to take out a file and pushed it my way.

"I trust your feeble mind will be capable of memorizing everything in here by Monday. You, Miss Wilson, you are going to pretend to be my fiancée for a week. My driver will be over to pick you up on Sunday evening, that will be all. You can go now."

What the fudge? Pretend fiancée....a week......pick me up to where?!! What in God's name was he talking about? Was this intimidating man just plain nuts or was he high on drugs. Tears gone, I stood there with confusion etched all over my face.