chapter seventeen.

2 updates in 1 day! yay!

ok so i quote some songs in this chapter. i'll list the songs at the end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liv's POV

the whole drive to the pier, the only song that's been in my head was Be My Escape by Relient K. i dont know why, but it has been up there in my peanut size brain. when i thought the song was finally fading from my head, Cole's phone started blasting that song in the car.

Cause I've been housing all this doubt and insecurity and

I've been locked inside that house all the while You hold the key

And I've been dying to get out and that might be the death of me

And even though, there's no way in knowing where to go, promise I'm going because

I gotta get outta here

Cause I'm afraid that this complacency is something I can't shake

I gotta get outta here

And I'm begging You, I'm begging You, I'm begging You to be my escape.

"Cole! replay the song!" i said as the song ended.

"nooo! dont! it's getting stuck in my head!" Ashton said while holding his head in his hands. i giggled and he immediately looked at me.

"what are you giggling about you weirdo." Ashton said smiling at me.

"nothing. that song has just been stuck in my head this whole time." i said looking into his eyes. i swear, this boy does so many things to me. i can feel my heart flutter everytime he looks at me.

"uhhh.. you guys? sorry to break your little staring contest, but we're here." Tess said. we both snapped out of thought and i chuckled. we all got out of the car and walked towards the pier.

"gosh how i love this place." i said looking around with a big smile plastered on my face.

i noticed Ashton staring at me with a smile on his face. my heart just did a flip right now.

"take a picture, it lasts longer." i said without taking my eyes off the sunset in front of the 4 of us.

"oh... sorry Liv." he said looking down at his fiddling fingers. why is he nervous?

Ashton's POV

im so happy i got the courage to talk to Liv that day 2 weeks ago. if i didnt, we wouldnt be sitting on this pier together right now. it might've just been her, Tess, and Cole and she could've been wishing for someone, but not for me.

"Ashton stop fiddling with your fingers and get ready for the fireworks." she said with an excited voice. she sounded exactly like when we use to come here when we were little. she would have this shimmer in her eyes during the firework show. its like, the fireworks were the only important thing in the world.

i couldn't take my eyes off her while she watched the fireworks. she looked so happy and child like again that it made me happy. i let out a soft giggle and i guess she heard me.

she bumped me a little and asked, "what's going on in that little head of yours?" she said scooting closer to me.

"oh nothing." i said looking down while biting my lip.

"Ashton im not stupid. you're biting your lip meaning your nervous about something. c'mon Ashypoo. you can tell me." she said with a slight giggle afterwards.

gosh how i love this girl.

" Liv, do you still like me?" i asked looking up to search her eyes for any type of emotion.

"sadly... yes." she said sighing.

"what do you mean sadly?" i said feeling kind of hurt.

"well Ash, to be honest, you really havent noticed anything since we started talking again. i've been doing the best i can to drop a few hints, but you havent noticed anything." she said sighing again.

oh but i noticed everything Olivia Ann.

"how do you know i never notice?" i said licking my lips. "you know i noticed all of those little things you do. it may not be the hints you want me to see, but i see the best in you. your giggle, the way your eyes glisten whenever we're together, how your always so comfortable with me when we just started talking again... how whenever i look at you i can tell your heart flutters and how your heartbeat grows faster everytime i look at you straight in the eyes..." i said trailing off. " trust me, i've seen all the little things Olivia Ann, and im so fucking happy that you still feel the same way." i said looking at her with a gigantic smile plastered on my face.

"but Ash, you never did anything about it yet you hang out with me almost everyday." she said looking kind of confused and lost.

"well, cant you see? i feel the same way Olivia Ann Pendrick. i think im in love with you." i said blushing but my eyes never left hers. she smiled at me and she looked down out her fiddling fingers. the fireworks soon ended, but the pier lit up with beautiful lights. Tess and Cole went off somewhere in the shops of the pier, but me and Liv remained seated at the end of the dock.

i lifted her chin up so she was looking at me.

"dont you get it? im in love with you Liv. i know it took me a long time to realize it, but im in love with you." i said looking into her shimmering eyes. she giggled.

"well, that's a good thing Irwin. because im in love with you too." she said. i couldnt wait any longer. i leaned in and soon enough, her soft lips were on mine. our lips moved in sync. we eventually pulled away gasping for air. we both laughed and sighed right after. we sat there taking in everything that just happened.

she rested her head on my shoulder and i kissed her forehead.

"hey Liv?" i said. i got an 'mmhmm' from her.

"did you know i love you?" i said smiling.

" daww. i luhhh yewww too." she said looking up at me with a cute little smile on her face.she pinched my cheeks and i booped her nose and it immediately scrunched up. we both ended in a giggle.

"guys, its time to go. its 10 already." i heard Cole say. i stood up helping Liv and as we started walking, we walked hang in hand.

when we got to Liv's place, Tess and Cole had to go so we said our good byes and they left.

i went onto twitter and typed away.

@ashton5sos: You're all that matters to me #luhhyeww

i dont care if the fans didnt get it. all that matters is if Liv got it. and once she checked her phone she looked at me and smiled. she scooted towards me and kissed me on the cheek.

next step is to finally ask her. she'll say yes. right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok so the songs were...

Be my Escape by Relient K

All that matters by Justin bieber

lol i only used one line of All that matters but that song has been stuck in my head.