Chapter 196

"Late at night, as I was pulling out her earrings to kiss her,
- the way I like, her back against the church wall-
the Aegean thundered and the Saints all came out holding candles to light my way."

(This chapter is from Gauri's perspective)

I don't know exactly what I am supposed to do with this scrapbook, but Soumya and Jiji came up with this brilliant idea of gifting me a 'Honeymoon scrapbook' to record and collect all my memories, as they put it, so I'll try. 

Frankly, I find the idea a little silly. One can have a Honeymoon album, yes, but photos take time to develop. What would I do carrying a scrapbook with me all around Greece?

Also, this is not really a Honeymoon. Jiji and I seem to share the same fate in this aspect. The actual Honeymoon happened months ago, this is just a vacation. 

At least, I didn't have to wait that long for a foreign trip. Jiji scolded me for laughing about it, but I joked that we receive slights as it is for being two upstart sisters who trapped rich boys, so we might as well, take it in our stride.

Which reminds me: Greece. 

From the plane it looks wonderful, or at least the Mediterranean looks pristine. I hope the country is just as well.

Omkaraji has been here before, which is good, we won't need any guide. I just hope I don't embarrass myself, though, even if I do, who cares, its not like the Greek people will come back to India with me?

***********************************

Omkaraji was a little conscious. 

Unlike Bade bhaiyaa, who had booked lavish, expensive hotels for him and Jiji for their stay in London and Paris, and travelled around in their expensive rented car, we were going to stay in affordable B&Bs, as they are called, and explore the city on our scooter.

I was surprised that he thought I would care about this

I was surprised that he thought I would care about this. Don't we have the most fun, traveling all around Mumbai in the local train ? This is just another Mumbai, albeit in a different country, and much cleaner, and less crazy.

I showed the scrapbook to Omkaraji, frowning. I still found the whole thing stupid.

 I still found the whole thing stupid