Chapter 126

Gauri came back to the Oberoi mansion from Sunday school, late in the evening. She sought Shivaay, as soon as she entered. She was secretly glad that Annika Jiji was busy with Saahil. 

"What happened, Gauri?" asked Shivaay, a little concerned as Gauri pulled him to her room.

"Bade bhaiyaa, I had a small request of you" said Gauri. 

"Ask anything, Gauri, I told you, you just need to make a wish, and I'll make it happen" said Shivaay firmly.

"I was thinking of the day that day when you found out about Omkaraji's fake marriage to me. Even though you were hurt that he and Maaji kept the truth from you, you still welcomed me into your home. You could have suspected me, my motives for helping the family, and I wouldn't have blamed you, especially after the stunt I pulled with Chulbul, you would've been right in mistrusting me, but you didn't. You have shown so much faith in me, Bade bhaiyaa. And you keep saying that you will grant my wish, you already granted me my wish, made impossible possible, you united me with my sister. What more can I ask for? Except that...can I tie you a rakhi today?" said Gauri, earnestly.

"Toh phir pooch kyun rahi ho?" (Then why are you asking?) said Shivaay warmly, extending his hand, for Gauri. 

Gauri's eyes were moist as she tied him the rakhi, and took his balaayein (moving the hand around a person, to keep off bad omens from them). 

Shivaay touched Gauri's head, and blessed her. 

Protected and loved by both her brothers, Gauri truly, for the first time, felt blessed on Rakhi.

*******************************

Omkara was idly strolling around the mansion next evening, ruminating about something. 

He didn't see Gauri the entire weekend, when she returned last night, she was too occupied spending her time with Shivaay, and later Annika bhaabhi and Saahil, like a happy family. Of course, Om was happy for her, but he also unintentionally remembered the time when he, Gauri and his maternal grandparents lived like a family in their house. They had shared some joyous moments too, except that, thanks to his misconception about Gauri, there was a friction between them. Now he wanted that time back, so that he could redo somethings, and relive some moments. Omkara too lost in his own thoughts, didn't notice Gauri coming from the opposite direction, from the entrance. 

Gauri, also thinking about her classes, and all revision she had to do, didn't realize she was about to collide with Omkara. Omkara caught her hand just in time to stop her from toppling over from the collision. He held her hand, while looking at her startled face, and suddenly pulled her closer, on instinct. 

Both felt awkward, and after a few moments, and Gauri quickly excused herself, to rush to her room, while Omkara looked similarly embarrassed.