Chapter 169

Gauri pumped some water from the hand pump into the bottle, and while doing so, she remembered that they hadn't informed their uncle that they were visiting this house. He had told them to keep him updated. 

Gauri rolled in the cap of the now filled bottle, and took out her phone. There was no network. She glanced between the house and the gate, and decided to make a call first, if her phone connected. 

She stepped out of the gate, and could finally see two bars in her phone. She tried calling her mamu, but his phone was busy, probably he was trying them. So, she switched on her GPS, and sent the location using her Whatsapp. 

Something caught Gauri's eye, probably because it looked so out of place.

What were two bikes doing outside their house compound, half hidden by the hedge? thought Gauri. 

It looked suspicious, and Gauri immediately went inside the house compound, afraid for her sister. But when she reached the door, she found it locked from inside. She bent down and peeped through the window. 

Annika Jiji was blocked from leaving by two burly men, and facing a woman who seemed to be mocking her. 

Gauri strained her ears to hear their conversation. She couldn't hear much, but she heard the words "murder" and their father's name. Was the lady talking about murder? But her Jiji was stuck inside. Now what?

Gauri remembered those bikes outside. She ran back to those bikes, and luck was in her favor, one of them still had the key in it. 

Maybe these people thought who would steal their vehicle in this secluded area? Either ways, Shankarji was looking out for her. Now the only problem was how to ride the bike? 

Meanwhile, Annika was staring in the face of death.

"You know, I have quite a few connections in prison. While I was finding some background information on Shivaay, I discovered that he prosecuted Daksh for trying to murder you, by drowning. So, I thought why not use the same MO? Only Shivaay and Daksh witnessed that, and since Daksh is in prison, the natural blame will fall on your husband" giggled Roop.

"You are despicable! I will kill you first!" shouted Annika, and made a move to reach the other woman, but her henchmen held Annika's shoulders. 

"Enough chit-chat. You" said Roop pointing to the man on Annika's right, "Hold her tight, and you, fetch the water tank. We'll push her face in water, until she also gives up breathing like her father."

Annika was felt a stab of panic. 

Water. Drowning. Suffocation. No! She would have to keep fighting, to save her family, protect Shivaay, get her father justice. 

Just then she heard a revving sound outside the house. Suddenly the doors burst open. 

Her tiny sister, was riding a bike, twice her size, and she rode right inside the house, into the man carrying the water tank, screaming "Jiji". 

The hooligan stumbled, and he and the water tank both both fell, taking Roop along with them. 

Annika bit the hand of the stumped goon holding her, pushed him away and freed herself. 

"Quick, Jiji, I am not very good at driving this" said Gauri, as she went backwards, and made way for Annika to take her seat. 

Annika was used to driving a scooty, and hoped that the bike would be no different. She held the handlebars and felt the old, Khidkitod Annika, reemerge. It was showtime.