Chapter 100

"Oh my Maata! What is happening here?" asked Pinky angrily. "What is she doing back here?" 

Pinky gestured angrily at Annika. 

"She is here at my invitation, Pinky" said Jahnvi. "Don't forget I am still the Badi bahu of this family, and maybe I neglected my duties towards the house, or my brains, but now I'll correct my mistakes."

"But Jethaniji..." said Pinky.

"No, buts Pinky. Annika will stay in this house, and this is my final word on it. Mummyji has also given me her permission" said Jahnvi. Dadi nodded behind her. 

Annika arrived in the house in the evening. Even before she could enter, Shivaay felt her presence and went to the front door. At first he thought he is wrong, maybe he did not retain that "connection" now, but no, his feelings for Annika had not failed him. She was back, indeed. 

He did not say anything about Badi Maa's announcement, but slowly the life crept back into his dead eyes, the anger in his heart melted away, what was left was only confusion, and the question why did Annika do all that all those weeks back?

Annika, on her part, looked defiant. 

Soumya had told her that Pinky aunty had played them, but she had not exactly revealed everything. Annika did not anything about Kamini and Mahi, and at this point she didn't care: Shivaay looked terrible, and in one moment she realized what a big error she had made thinking that Shivaay and she could survive without each other. No, she had broken the relationship, and both of them along with it, and she would correct everything. 

Annika'e eyes found Gauri, but before she could talk to her, Om and Rudra occupied her attention, while Shivaay came to talk to Gauri. 

"Gauri, I know you and Soumya, had some discussion this morning, with Badi Maa. She has spoken to me too, and asked me to do something. I'm just...." started Shivaay.

"Why don't you go and patch up with Annika bhaujaai? Its obvious that you both are miserable without each other. I know Bade bhaiyaa, what you are going to say that, you are scared, you know there might have been some huge reason for Annika bhaabhi to play out that drama that day and you are afraid that what if such circumstances arise again, and she fails to trust you. But maybe, its not you, but her fate she doesn't trust. Annika bhaujaai doesn't trust her fate, or God, maybe that's why she fell weak for a moment. But now she has seen what separation does to you, and she won't back away from you again. Don't back away from her, Bade bhaiyaa" said Gauri, her eyes moist and her voice pleading. Shivaay nodded and patted her head. 

On the other side of the mansion, Om and Rudra were apologizing to Annika bhaabhi, for not being to vigilant, and Annika was apologizing to them for putting them all through this grief. They all thought about protecting Shivaay, but he seemed to be suffering the worst of it. Om and Rudra told Annika that their mother, had promised them that by tomorrow everything will be crystal clear to everybody. No more lies. 

After they left, Annika went to meet Gauri in her room.

"Gauri, when you said thee days back that you will make everything alright, I thought you were just trying to console me, but you did....." started Annika

"Arey bhaujaai, I had to, I can't see two people whose love I believe in, I have faith in, suffering. And I didn't do anything, it was all Shankarji" said Gauri smiling. 

Annika shook her head indulgently at Gauri's attribution of everything to her God. 

"But how did you manage it?" asked Annika now curious.