Chapter 147

"Where were you Jethaniji? You went to office this morning, and have returned now, so late, we have so much to prepare!" exclaimed Pinky.

Tej, Jahnvi, Om, Rudra and Gauri returned after finalising everything with Svetlana, and releasing her from prison. 

Soumya had taken her home to Tia's house, she was going to spend the night with them, reconciling all their differences, and building some kind of a bond with her biological sisters. 

"Jethaniji, the Roka is day after tomorrow, there is so much works to do!" Pinky continued with her worrying.

"Arey, don't worry, Chhoti Maa, we have everything in place. Our team will win, after all we have Annika bhaabhi, a fab wedding planner" said Rudra, trying to appease his aunt. 

It worked, and Pinky patted Annika on the shoulder.

"Well, at least my bahu is better than yours" said Pinky with pride. 

Jahnvi made no comment. She liked Annika, but her 'bahu', her Gauri, had achieved things that no one would expect from a girl like her. 

"Phatte mooh, Pinky!" said Dadi. "Jahnvi, where is Soumya?" asked Dadi.

"Kalyani Aunty, Soumya went to meet a relative of hers, who wouldn't be able to come to the Roka, but she wanted to congratulate her, so she met her today. She will return early morning tomorrow" informed Soumya's mother. 

Dadi nodded. "Achcha, you all better freshen up, we have lots of work left, so less sleeping for tonight and tomorrow" said Dadi.

They all nodded, and went their separate ways. 

*********************************

Gauri was worried about all that she said in the prison cell to get Sultana to sign the contract. 

What if Omkaraji or Rudy bhaiyaa or Jahnvi Maaji, were hurt by her words?

She would think about others later, but first she had to meet Omkaraji. She was worried about him.

Gauri found his door open. He was standing near the window, facing away from her, looking at the moon. 

"You were very good today, though I didn't see it, we only heard the conversation in the record room, but you must have hit Svetlana hard" said Omkara, in a strange voice. 

Gauri didn't say anything, she kept her silence, waiting for him to say what he feels. 

"That woman.....she ruined my mother's life, and my life as well, but you were right. The real culprit was my father. I actually felt bad for her today. My father cheated her as well" said Omkara. 

"Omkaraji....your mother has forgiven your father...." started Gauri.

"But I would never. She told you to never trust Oberoi men, right. When I was young and saw my mother weeping and depending on alcohol to exist, I knew that I hated liars and cheaters. I abhor cheating and betrayal. I vowed that whatever I do, I would never become like my father, I....I am not my father, Gauri" said Omkara, his voice breaking, as Svetlana's parting words reverberated in his ears. 

Gauri reacted on instinct. 

She held him from behind, wound her arms through his shoulders, her left hand over his heart. She didn't care how inappropriate it was, or how she had made up her mind to keep clear of him. Or for her other questions. Right now he needed comfort, and she would not hesitate. For a moment she felt that Omkaraji might resist, break away, push her away, but he didn't.