Chapter 99

Rudra was sitting in his room. He felt Soumya entering, as she opened the door. 

"Rudra?" she called out.

"Yeah" said Rudra, sounding a little disappointed. 

"Rudra, I know you are upset...I was outside the entire day, and you called...and I didn't receive it...sorry" said Soumya, slowly as she sat down next to him.

Rudra looked with concern at Soumya, "Sumo, I was just worried. You didn't pick up my call, and O...well, he said something strange about Chubul bhaabhi, getting up to all weird ideas....anyways, look I'm not going to ask you where you went or say that inform me wherever you are going, because I know you would not like it, and call me a, what was that.....neanderthal?" said Rudra. 

Soumya chuckled. 

"I'm just going to leave it at this....that if you get into trouble, please, please, call me, and please pick up my call when I do call, because I get really worried otherwise" said Rudra.

"Thanks Rudra I appreciate it" said Soumya, holding Rudra's hand.

"Oh and by the way, I am very upset and sulky that its been one day you are back and you are spending all the time with others, and not me" said Rudra, and mimicked a kid pouting. 

"You really don't look cute doing this, you know? But I'll make it up to you, this weekend, is entirely yours" said Soumya, smiling. 

"I'll hold you to that" said Rudra.

"Oh by the way Rudra, did Bade baal vaale bhaiyaa say that Gauri bhaabhi has strange ideas? Because I don't know about that, but she certainly has some strange ideas about Bade baal vaale bhaiyaa, she honestly seems a little afraid of him, or rather, she sounded like he'll be upset with her easily" said Soumya.

"Well, Soumya, I know, last time when you pointed out the speed with which they got married, I ignored it, but I think you are right, as in there is something not right about their equation" said Rudra, as he and Soumya looked at each other, wondering what was wrong with O and Gauri bhaabhi.

*************************

Gauri entered the room, tired from the day's exertions. She hoped that all her and Soumya's efforts won't go in vain. She didn't notice Omkara until he coughed slightly calling her attention. 

Omkara, on his part, was worried about Gauri, but didn't know how to ask her. Her appearance in his house last night might have startled him, but it was not so sudden for him, as he had been secretly observing her for the last few weeks. Yet, there was this awkwardness between them, due to their last meeting at her house. Omkara still didn't remember any of it, barring that....He had to ask her. 

"Er, Gauri? Remember....remember that day...night when I was...." Omkara didn't know how to proceed.

"When you were intoxicated, and you thought it was a good idea to crash at my home, at late night instead of going to your own?" completed Gauri, censure dripping from her voice. "You should have not got drunk, I don't think you are supposed to, maybe that's why you thought its a good idea to hide at my place, instead of facing your family" 

"Gauri, I'm sorry, really sorry. I don't know what got into me....what was I thinking...or not thinking. Please, don't think I meant to...take advantage of you like that.....but I also, don't remember anything?" confessed Omkara, apologetically.

"You don't remember anything?" asked Gauri. 

Omkara shook his head. 

"Well....I don't know what to say...to this....to you" but before Gauri could finish, her phone buzzed, it was Dandi bhaiyaa. Gauri got up and went outside the room to talk to him, leaving Omkara to his very confused, and frankly worried thoughts about what had he been up to that night.