Chapter 192

The meadow ended at the edge of a cliff

The meadow ended at the edge of a cliff. It was strewn with white flowers that smelled of spring. The swing was tied to the strong branch of a tree, which cast a shadow upon them. They sat on the swing, holding each other, swaying lightly. Her long hair, untied, flowed across her back. Dressed in white like the flowers below them, they glowed in each other's embrace. Smiling. Calm. Tranquil.

Omkara woke up from his hazy dream, to turn slightly and smile affectionately at his equally beautiful reality. 

The sun hadn't risen yet, but she was used to waking before the sun. However, this morning, was an exception.

Gauri was fast asleep, slightly turned towards Omkara. He could see the ghost of a smile on her face, her features though relaxed, seemed slightly exhausted. From last night, their night. 

Omkara traced her eyebrow with his finger, softly, so as to not wake her up

Omkara traced her eyebrow with his finger, softly, so as to not wake her up. Gauri felt his pleasant touch, and smiled in her sleep, turning towards him. Lazily, she opened her eyes.

"Good Morning" said Omkara, his eyes twinkling. 

Gauri opened her mouth to reply, but her eyes fell upon the clock on his bed side table. 

"Shankarji! Its already five thirty? I better get ready, I'm never so late...." muttered Gauri, stretching her body.

"But it was also our wedding night yesterday, that was also a first time" said Omkara slightly shy. 

Gauri blushed, and made a move to get up, but Omkara encircled her waist and pulled her close to himself. 

"It is just five-thirty, its so early....stay with me a little longer" said Omkara, huskily.

Gauri opened her mouth to protest, but Omkara cut her off.

"Don't say no, please. Didn't your mother tell you to always listen to your pati parmeshwar (comparing husband to God)" joked Omkara, remembering how he rolled his eyes at Gauri's mother, behind her back, whenever she would say regressive statements like this.   

Gauri made a face and said, "But I think a husband is pati parmeshvar (God) only when the wife is a devi (goddess)."

"I agree. Let me worship my Goddess" said Omkara, and winked.