Chapter 170

Annika and Gauri had landed themselves in a another problem.

"Jiji, never did we think that instead of putting people behind bars, we'll be the ones staring out of it" sighed Gauri.

"Nothing but 2 Rupees kismat (fate)" scowled Annika.

They both thought back to how it happened.

A couple of hours back, both were adrenaline charged, sitting tightly on their seats, escaping from those villains. 

"Chutki, how did you drive this bike?" asked Annika, over the noise of the bike.

"Arey Jiji, I remembered you telling me about problems with Champa (Annika's scooty), and how you often kicked to get her started. Bas, I tried to apply the same trick, took Shankarji's name and drive this thing" giggled Gauri, replying from behind.

"Lets go the nearest police station first, tell about this culprits, and then I have to narrate you the entire thing" said Annika. 

Soon, they landed outside a police station in Thane. 

"Chal Chutki" said Annika, and the sisters quickly climbed the stairs of the police station.

But there was no officer in sight, just hawaldars (lowest rank police officers, patrol duty mostly).

"Listen bhaisaab" said Annika, addressing a hawaldar "We have to register a FIR."

"Most the office is off-duty today, but Taadka madam will be here, in a few minutes. You can sit there" replied the hawaldar, pointing to a wooden bench. 

The sisters followed his instructions, and while they waited for this 'Taadka', Annika filled in Gauri on all that happened in the house, all that Roop told her. 

Initially, Gauri's eyes were moist thinking of their father, but soon that sorrow transformed into rage for avenging their father, getting justice for him.

"Jiji, finally we have all the pieces before us, now only the last thing is left. Seeing that Roop pays for her crimes" said Gauri with grim satisfaction. Annika nodded.

Inspector Taadka thankfully made her entry that time. The moment she took her seat, the girls surrounded her desk.

"Madam, we need to lodge a FIR" said Annika excitedly. 

"Hmm?" said Taadka.

"Madam we want to file an FIR, just an hour back someone tried to...." started Annika but she was cut off by the inspector opposite her.

"Why are you whispering?" said the inspector. 

A silent look passed between Annika and Gauri, this lady was hard of hearing. 

Annika almost shouted, "We want to register a complaint." 

The lady still didn't seem to have heard her clearly. 

So this time Annika took to miming to explain what she came to do. 

"Why are you making gestures? You think I'm deaf?" said Taadka, and asked one of her hawaldars to put Annika in prison.

"Jiji!" Gauri exclaimed. "Arey, Taadka ji, we don't think you are deaf, please just let her go, and register our complaint" requested Gauri. 

"What?" asked the woman again. 

This time Gauri almost shouted, and annoyed by the little girl, the inspector put her behind bars as well.