Chapter 4

"Oh my maata! Whats going on here??" Pinky's voice now joined the group in the hall. 

"So, Jethji (brother-in-law) has finally achieved his the dream of his life. He has finally pushed Omkara to stand up as rival to my Shivaay." said Pinky viciously. 

"What are you saying Chhoti Maa?" said Omkara shell-shocked. Of all the things said and done today, this was something he couldn't dream of happening. 

"Maa aap theek ho? Kuch bhi bole jaa rahi ho! (Maa are you alright? You are saying anything!) said Shivaay, almost angry at his mother's words.

"Tu bohot bhola hai Shivaay. (You are very innocent Shivaay) You have no idea what Jethji is like and what he is seeking to achieve." said Pinky with venom in her voice. "If I'm wrong, then ask your Bade Papa, what is his purpose behind getting Omkara into the family business? I haven't met a man like Jethji who is using his wife's life as a bargain to force his son to do fulfill his heart's desire." 

"What I do or do not do, is between me and my son, Pinky. Why does it matter to you? You should involve yourself in your son's problems. Which are many since the last couple of months." said Tej with a smirk, making a snide reference to Shivaay's forced wedding with Annika, and ensuing drama over Tia's pregnancy. 

But Omkara noticed that Tej didn't deny Pinky's charges. Which meant that....his father wanted to set him up against his brother. He wondered why he wasn't more shocked by this. But Omkara knew his father well, he remembered how he had almost slapped his father when Mr. Oberoi tried to get him to sign the papers declaring him as the effective heir of the Oberoi empire, when Shivaay was struggling for life in the hospital. And it would be some time before he would forget, how Mr. Oberoi colluded with Riddhima to take advantage of his trust on Riddhima, and get those same papers signed by him. That had been the final nail in the coffin for Omkara and Riddhima's relationship, and Om threw her out of his life. 

His father made no secret of the fact that he wanted Omkara to succeed him as the heir to the Oberoi empire, of how jealous he was of Shivaay. Shivaay...how awkward and embarrassing, it always became for Shivaay, to see Mr. Oberoi and Chhoti Maa fight over successorship, and over him.

"Stop fighting you both!" admonished Dadi. "Jahnvi is struggling for her life, and you both are squabbling over whose son would succeed to the Oberoi business? Have you no shame?"

"Sharm toh Mr. Oberoi kabka gava chuke hai dadi" (Mr. Obeori has lost his shame long back Dadi) smirked Omkara sadly. "Jo kasar reh gayi thi, woh aaj puri ho gayi (whatever little was left, also got lost today). 

"But that doesn't resolve this issue, does it? The fact is that you are joining the business to save Jethaniji's marriage, and I understand that, but you are also becoming a stooge in Jethji's hands. He will make you stand against my son, Shivaay." complained Pinky.

"Maa!" thundered Shivaay. "Nobody accuses my brother in front of me. You think my Om, would stand up against me? My brothers are my everything, nothing can divide us." challenged Shivaay. 

There were tears in Rudy's eyes. Of course, nothing could separate them. How could Chhoti Maa even think of Om competing against Shivaay bhaiyaa? 

"You don't know the lure of power and money, Shivaay. Tumhaare aankhon mein apne bhaaiyon ke pyaar ki patti bandhi huyi hai (You are blinded by love for your brothers)" urged Pinky.  

"It is not Shivaay, but Omkara and Rudra who are blinded by love for Shivaay. Omkara has not once, but twice crossed me, his own father, to take Shivaay's side. It is I, who should worry about my sons being kicked out of their rightful share in the business." said Tej